collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: "Oh Neuer what I done?"  (Read 10073 times)

Offline DeKuip

"Oh Neuer what I done?"
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »
Possibly the best goalkeeper in the world, but Bayern's Manuel Neuer has been well and truly put in his place by Bayern fans. It makes me wonder what conditions we could lay down to some of our signings? Personally, I just want Stephen Ireland to keep his shorts on if he scores and Richard Dunne to refrain from farting when we're defending the Holte End.

Full story
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8790863/Bayern-Munich-v-Manchester-City-Manuel-Neuers-brilliance-masks-a-bitter-feud-with-fans.html

An extract....

By selecting Bayern, he was immediately portrayed as a 'Judas' at Schalke, but rather than relish the prospect of depriving their rivals of one of the world's best goalkeepers, supporters in Bavaria issued warnings urging Neuer to think again and stay well away.
After the Trentino game, however, the Bayern hierarchy convened face-to-face talks between the 25 year-old and his critics on the terraces.
A truce was reached but the conditions included the bemused keeper having to agree to a five-point code of conduct issued by a group of Bayern 'Ultras,' including the menacingly-named 'Munich Maniacs'96,' Neuer was told he must never 'sing fan chants on their megaphone,' 'kneel in front of the team and sing the traditional 'Humba' song,' 'approach the Ultras' enclosure,' 'throw his shirt into the crowd,' or 'kiss the Bayern badge.'
A statement issued by the Ultras said: "If Manuel Neuer observes the rules of conduct and maintains a respectful distance (from us), there will be no more protests or organised demonstrations against him.''

Offline Mazrim

Re: "Oh Neuer what I done?"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
He should release a statement telling them to fuck off and grow up.

Are they called Ultras because they're stuck up c**ts?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:49:31 PM by Mazrim »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:47:47 PM »
Can we organise a meeting between Tevez and the Citeh fans?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
He should release a statement telling them to fuck off and grow up.

Are they called Ultras because they're stuck up c**ts?

I know. And where was the manager/club in all of this? It's the managers job to shield one of his signings from this kind of nonsense.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
What a bunch of wankers!

Offline Richie

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
They are all obviously still bitter and twisted after 26 May 1982

Offline dom73

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
The animosity aimed at Neuer goes a little deeper than him just playing for a rival club.Reports suggest that Neuer had very close links to the schalke ultras who in turn have had plenty of history with Bayern off the pitch.The bayern ultras may be over the top but german fans must be applauded for their support,passion and atmosphere they create at their games.They put plenty of our premiership supporting fans to shame.

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Come to the Villa, Manuel. So long as you don't gob into the Holte you'll be ok. In fact, that's fine too.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
The animosity aimed at Neuer goes a little deeper than him just playing for a rival club.Reports suggest that Neuer had very close links to the schalke ultras who in turn have had plenty of history with Bayern off the pitch.The bayern ultras may be over the top but german fans must be applauded for their support,passion and atmosphere they create at their games.They put plenty of our premiership supporting fans to shame.

Being great fans in other aspects doesn't give them carte blanche to act like a bunch of tossers in regard to this. So fucking childish.

Offline luke25

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
I read just before he signed for Bayern that the Ultra's, fans, whatever you want to call them had demonstrated against the signing due to Neuer mocking an Oliver Kahn salute during a game were Shalke won at Bayern, hence why the anomositity towards him.

Offline dom73

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
Nobody,especially myself would give them carte blanche to act in this manner.my comment about german fans was not aimed at the ultras but german supporters in general.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 10:49:36 PM »
He'll be alright so long as he does a lap of the Allianz Arena hopping on one leg wearing Lederhosen.  An initiation ritual if you will.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 07:47:44 AM »
Absolutely pathetic, do whatever you can to leave Manuel, there's a lovely little place I know of in England that will accept you, how do you feel about a move to Villa?

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
Can we draw up a five point code of conduct?

Collins isn't allowed to HOOOOF it
Petrov isn't allowed to do Cruyff turns
Heskey isn't allowed on the pitch
Darren Bent and Shay Given aren't allowed to leave, if they do they will be kidnapped and tortured until they agree to stay
Alex McLeish isn't allowed within 50 miles of Villa Park

Offline Villanation

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
Germans in general can make some very strange decisions and a weird way of looking at things, look at this decision they have made yesterday on this bail out nonsense, who in there right mind would have done that by such an overwhelming majority, the Germans pushed all the way to the channel in weeks during the early stages of WW2, could see England from across the channel, could have walked in, stopped and invaded Russia instead.

So here they, the authorities make a code of conduct in relation to the player, not the fans and the fans arrogantly proclaim he must keep a respectful distance, have to say that's just scarily weird, he's now there keeper  and lucky to have him TBH.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal