collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256463 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »
i remember Smith claiming his Villa allegiance from way back when he was at Leicester. He's never hidden it.   

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2015, 10:58:12 PM »
i remember Smith claiming his Villa allegiance from way back when he was at Leicester. He's never hidden it.   

maybe,
 but I remember him commentating on a match and the co comentator tried to tie him down on who he supported as a lad between Villa and Blues, and he refused to answer and would not say
so he definitely hid it that time

which is the only time I've heard him and the reason I posted what I thought was a big revalation never the less he hasn't always been so forthcoming as you said

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »
&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

No further questions m'lud.

Offline peter w

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
Ha ha the twat. I actually don't blame him for this because you can see he's reading a prepared script. That he coughed immediately afterwards shows that he knows that he has just someone else's words and that he didn't agree with it. Common trait in behaviourism, if something is said that you don't agree with you cover your mouth like children do when lying - its learnt throughout life to the point where an adult will maybe put one finger over their lips when saying something that is either untrue or that they don't believe in. In this instance he's reading the words without thinking about what is being said and as soon as he realises some numpty has written West Ham he involuntary coughed as if to bring the words back up. Its a a subconscious gag reflex. if anything it proves that he is more Villa than not in his own (pretend) way.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
Oh dear...pollock!

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
Lost my vote now Dave

Offline supertom

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »
Lost my vote now Dave
Well, he never had mine in the first place, but he's got no chance of getting it now.

Mind you...the Hammers are welcome to him.

Offline supertom

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
Ha ha the twat. I actually don't blame him for this because you can see he's reading a prepared script. That he coughed immediately afterwards shows that he knows that he has just someone else's words and that he didn't agree with it. Common trait in behaviourism, if something is said that you don't agree with you cover your mouth like children do when lying - its learnt throughout life to the point where an adult will maybe put one finger over their lips when saying something that is either untrue or that they don't believe in. In this instance he's reading the words without thinking about what is being said and as soon as he realises some numpty has written West Ham he involuntary coughed as if to bring the words back up. Its a a subconscious gag reflex. if anything it proves that he is more Villa than not in his own (pretend) way.
It makes you wonder just why we vote for these pillocks if the vast majority of the time they're just relaying something that's been "crafted" for them by members of their staff.

Sooty for PM!!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
Oh dear.  He should have gone on A Thick Of It rstyle ant.  "West Ham, West Fucking Ham, what ****** wrote that, I'll have his bollocks on toast, the kit-stealing twat!"  Only way to claw back a shred of credibility.

Offline villabear

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
I've just tweeted Cameron to ask him if I can have his final tkt.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »

When he played for Alvechurch  he was always talking about the Villa in the clubhouse. Nobody thought he would get as far as he did in the game . We all thought John Mason would though. But an injury finished him progressing towards the top level.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
I noticed that Lenny Henry was pictured at the Bitters match on Saturday, cant mind him ever declaring an allegience before.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
That Helen George is a Villa fan.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
I noticed that Lenny Henry was pictured at the Bitters match on Saturday, cant mind him ever declaring an allegience before.

From the Grauniad Fiver dated 3/8/99.

LITTLE MAN, BIG JOB

After guiding Stoke to a lofty eighth in the Second Division last season, Brian Little was always going to be in demand. But who would be lucky enough to hire the man who walked out on the Potters in June? Step forward West Bromwich Albion of the First Division, perennial underachievers and deadly rivals of Aston Villa.

Little used to manage Aston Villa, you know. Not that the experience will in any way effect his tenure at the Hawthorns. "Trying to get a team into the Premiership is effectively more of a challenge than managing a Premiership club," Brian promised today, rejecting suggestions that he'd rather manage a team in the Champions League. "It is trying to win promotion that really appeals to me," he said.

Convinced? Neither is the Fiver, but before West Brom head into a new and presumably fruitless season, here are five specially prepared Baggies facts for Brian to read and memorise.

1) Eric Clapton wore an Albion scarf on the sleeve of his album Backless. When approached by the club for financial aid he released a statement claiming he "had no specific interest in football or West Brom in particular".

2) Big Ron Atkinson resigned as manager. Twice.

3) Fan Lenny Henry worked an anti-Aston Villa line into his hilarious spoof of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. ("They look like they're fans of Aston Villa," sang Lenny as a bunch of zombies romped around him.)

4) Shares trade at 10,500p a time.

5) The West Bromwich Building Society runs an Albion Premier Saver Account. When the Fiver checked this afternoon, there had been no sudden rush on accounts.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2015, 06:16:37 PM »
On the infamous day when I copped it for saying I had been on the road for 14 hours, the third leg if my oddyssey was to SE17 to drop off number 2 son for a dinner party at his house. I left just as the guests arrived at the front door and pretended to be the butler going off duty. I think one of them was Skinner. I am worried about the company my son keeps. Damon sticks by and large to Coronation St actors.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal