collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 256333 times)

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
Have we got any celebrity 'fans' who we'd rather not have? I know Tom Hanks doesn't know what our colours are but he's ok as a person. Do we have any real knob-head fans (in the way Citeh have Liam Gallagher for example)?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »
If they are going to reveal an allegance then better they be supporting us than anyone else - I welcome them all to the broad church that is Aston Villa.

Offline glasses

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »
think if you have a 'public' image you should be banned from supporting a team.. fair play to cameron but i don't want him anywhere near a villa match. same for kennedy who i remember back in the day as a posh voiced boy rather as some cockerny geezer, and prince william who's probably been erm a posh voiced boy since day 1. Actually i have rather have some sympathy for HR William - on a loser whoever he supports. god knows how manc's cope with the flotsum and jetsum that attach themselves with their club but them most of 'em are about as manc as i am.

Your attempts at trolling are becoming far to obvious these days, you really should try harder.

But using your passion for such is extremely disrespectful to Nigel Kennedy who apart from being a world renowned Violin player has more support for the club he loves in a day's growth of his his little finger nail than you have or will have in your life time.
I met NK after a game two years ago in the Barton arms. Thoroughly bloody nice bloke who had managed to drag along the rest of his orchestra to the game too. Fair play to him for going to the games when he can

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »
How about getting Prince William to study DVD's of Henry V and Braveheart and then have him do the team talk before this season's FA cup matches?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
I really didn't know Prince William is a Villa fan. Is Ozzy Osbourne?

Where's Ryu?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »
think if you have a 'public' image you should be banned from supporting a team.. fair play to cameron but i don't want him anywhere near a villa match. same for kennedy who i remember back in the day as a posh voiced boy rather as some cockerny geezer, and prince william who's probably been erm a posh voiced boy since day 1. Actually i have rather have some sympathy for HR William - on a loser whoever he supports. god knows how manc's cope with the flotsum and jetsum that attach themselves with their club but them most of 'em are about as manc as i am.

Your attempts at trolling are becoming far to obvious these days, you really should try harder.

But using your passion for such is extremely disrespectful to Nigel Kennedy who apart from being a world renowned Violin player has more support for the club he loves in a day's growth of his his little finger nail than you have or will have in your life time.
I met NK after a game two years ago in the Barton arms. Thoroughly bloody nice bloke who had managed to drag along the rest of his orchestra to the game too. Fair play to him for going to the games when he can

I met him outside Walkbout before the game on Sunday and yes, he was an absolute gent. He can come to as many games as he likes as far as i'm concerned.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:51:17 PM by Clampy »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
I don't see Nigel Kennedy as a 'celebrity fan', more as a Villa fan who just happens to have become famous.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
I really didn't know Prince William is a Villa fan. Is Ozzy Osbourne?

Where's Ryu?
Ozzy did admit a few years ago that as a kid on match days he would go to the streets around the ground and offer to "look after your car mister." I think he used to charge two shillings for this dubious service.
Whether that makes him a Villa fan I'll let you decide.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
I heard he finished with the Villa cos they could not help him with his mind.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »
I cant help but admire Delia, she has sunk her money into a pretty unfashionable club and then gets blotto and makes a complete fool of herself on the pitch. My kind of no-hoper.

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:22 AM »
I lost respect for Delia when she wouldn't come to Tamworth for Norwich's FA Cup tie a few years back saying that she didn't think the corporate facilities were good enough. Bitch.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
Couldn't you have stretched to a microwave so she could knock something up for herself?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
You have Elton John with Watford..... With their fan base they're not going to trouble the Premier League, but they could be a force in the Championship and flirt occasionally with the big boys.

No comment.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
You have Elton John with Watford..... With their fan base they're not going to trouble the Premier League, but they could be a force in the Championship and flirt occasionally with the big boys.

No comment.

Oh, well picked up sir!

Offline philthebar

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
I cant help but admire Delia, she has sunk her money into a pretty unfashionable club and then gets blotto and makes a complete fool of herself on the pitch. My kind of no-hoper.

But she used to be an Ipswich supporter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal