collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa U-10s: Epic comeback  (Read 7328 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa U-10s: Epic comeback
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the though of primary school children playing as Aston Villa, Chelsea or whatever other top club rather disturbing?

The standard is very high indeed. Cameron has been there for a few years now and I have nothing but the highest regard for the way they go about things.

Offline The Adventurer

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 05:31:32 PM »
When & where are these games played? I wouldnt mind taking in a few games when I've got some free time!!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:31 PM »
Sunday lunchtimes at Bodymoor Heath.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the though of primary school children playing as Aston Villa, Chelsea or whatever other top club rather disturbing?

No.

I find it a bit disturbing that under 10s are involved in competitive sports, full stop, really.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
I've no problem with the competitive aspect of sport, in fact I embrace it.  Neither do I have a problem with talented children being coached by talented coaches.  My issue lies with the early association with a professional club.

The path to professional football is littered with players discarded in their late teens. some of whom effectively jacked in their high school academic career chasing the dream.  I can very much imagine scenarios when 10 year olds are giving up on primary school under the misapprehension that they've somehow made it.

However, by biggest concern is to do with the murkier side of being associated with a top club.  How long before you have primary school kids with agents acting for them, if only in an "unofficial" capacity?  The two Manchester clubs, for example, both want a local 7-year-old kid, do the parents get financial inducements for them to come to them?  Don't bet against it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »

No.

I find it a bit disturbing that under 10s are involved in competitive sports, full stop, really.

Me too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal