collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Captions-Cameron at QPR game.  (Read 28187 times)

Offline Nirog72

Re: Captions-Cameron at QPR game.
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
fmwmu - that puts him on a par with every PM I've experienced in my life (39 years so far). Labour, Tory, all the same frankly. Still this isn't a political debate!!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
fmwmu - that puts him on a par with every PM I've experienced in my life (39 years so far). Labour, Tory, all the same frankly. Still this isn't a political debate!!

that's my point really nirog - pm position is just a stepping stone to big bucks. they want to make the world a better place - especially for themselves! agree 100% mate!

Offline Nirog72

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »
I think the fact he brings his boy to the football though is great. He doesn't have to at all and while others see this as a form of support gathering, I see it as something pretty cool. To me it looked like a Dad and his son having a great night out together (result would have helped). I have nothing but respect for that.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
Did anyone else find themselves thinking how refreshing it is to hear of a young boy called Arthur?

One thing the upper classes get right is their names (except Gideon, and even he had the good sense to stop using it). The lower classes could learn something from them, with all this "Tyler", "Brandon" and "Jordan" nonsense they indulge in.

Quite; my wife's new class of Year 1's includes: Shanade, Shanice and Alivia - yes all spelt like that!!
There's nowt wrong with the name Tyler you snobs.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:24 PM »
Did anyone else find themselves thinking how refreshing it is to hear of a young boy called Arthur?

One thing the upper classes get right is their names (except Gideon, and even he had the good sense to stop using it). The lower classes could learn something from them, with all this "Tyler", "Brandon" and "Jordan" nonsense they indulge in.

Quite; my wife's new class of Year 1's includes: Shanade, Shanice and Alivia - yes all spelt like that!!

No, there isn't, not if you live in a trailer park in Arkansas, but if you live in the UK, it sounds a bit daft.

It's only slightly better than calling your kid "Skeeter" or "Beavis", but that's just my personal opinion.

Offline Holte End Stylist

• GM : 02.04.2023
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:16 AM »
daddy what are we doing here?

well son mommy says with her tattoo and me pretending to support an unfashionable team from a poverty hit area of the country people might be stupid enough to believe i actually care about their plebeian existence......   

hello hurray i prefer the plague to the eton rifles

Christ, you make us sound like we're a Doncaster or Crewe. We're Aston Villa FC, not some f#ckin no mark from the lower leagues. Get a grip.
HARDLY SERIOUS CAPTION THREAD!!!!! think perhaps you need to get a grip as you put it ;)

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »

No, there isn't, not if you live in a trailer park in Arkansas, but if you live in the UK, it sounds a bit daft.

It's only slightly better than calling your kid "Skeeter" or "Beavis", but that's just my personal opinion.
I find it amusing as a christian name but nothing wrong with the surname as long as you don't name your daughter Ruth.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »

I find it amusing as a christian name but nothing wrong with the surname as long as you don't name your daughter Ruth.

There's nothing wrong with it as a surname at all - as that's what it is, a surname.

A bloke came to fit our new carpet the other week, he had TYLER tattooed really badly across the back of his neck, with a date underneath.

I was amazed that, not happy with giving his child a rubbish name, he felt he had to have it tattooed across his neck so we all knew it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal