collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by cdward
[Today at 03:31:31 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 03:30:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Luke Slams Gerard  (Read 14727 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Luke Slams Gerard
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »
He obviously wasn't alienated enough to ask for a move or turn down his wages.

A transfer request's one thing, and I agree with you on that. But who the hell in human history has ever requested that they stop being paid their wages?

John Elway and that bearded Roma player, but that wasn't really Luke Young's relationship with Villa was it?

It wasn't exactly a serious point, but it takes the piss when players can not only pick up fortunes for doing very little but can then say how 'unhappy' they were while doing it.

Sorry, I missed the comic richness.

He's obviously been asked about his time at Villa, is he not entitled to air his opinion?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:13 AM »

A transfer request's one thing, and I agree with you on that. But who the hell in human history has ever requested that they stop being paid their wages?

John Elway and that bearded Roma player, but that wasn't really Luke Young's relationship with Villa was it?

It wasn't exactly a serious point, but it takes the piss when players can not only pick up fortunes for doing very little but can then say how 'unhappy' they were while doing it.

He's obviously been asked about his time at Villa, is he not entitled to air his opinion?

No.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »

How come you're suddenly jumping down my throat? I'd have thought someone who has been made very rich by an employer while not always giving maximum value might possess enough decency not to then criticise them in public.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:09 AM »
Villainous is still missing MON, probably more than Villadawg.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 01:06:58 AM »
Why should he shut the fuck up  ?
The manager managed to alienate most of the first  team squad, that told on the performances.
Look at Dunne, Collins and Warnock since he left.
The manager was a cock, the players knew it and the stories are now filtering out.
I don't see too many stories coming out about how much the players miss Houllier, his methods and his great man management.
The fact that Dunne, Collins and Warnock can all of a sudden start to play better now Houllier has gone smacks of spoilt little brats kicking up a fuss when they can't get their own way. Because these players put themselves before the club with their antics makes a good arguement to get rid of them. A few of our players need their attitude re-aligning and a reminder who pays their wages. On a previous post people talked about something rotten in the team, I believe these three players are definately in that barrel.

Spot on. Give me what Houllier was trying to do over the current set up any day. At least there was a resemblance to trying to change style and progress.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 01:14:54 AM »

How come you're suddenly jumping down my throat? I'd have thought someone who has been made very rich by an employer while not always giving maximum value might possess enough decency not to then criticise them in public.

Nobody's jumping down your throat - but if people can't say what they think because they've been well paid then what's the point of anything? Ringo can't have a go at Paul, McGrath can't have a go at himself, Vanunu can't have a go at Israel, Deep throat...etc etc etc

If everybody performed to 100% of their capacity despite the context then there'd be no need for managers, surely?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Villainous is still missing MON, probably more than Villadawg.

Yup.

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 01:19:06 AM »
I am stuck somewhere between being bored and annoyed by certain players who either did not want to, or could not adapt their game to what they wanted. Any job that pays more than the average annual salary per week should be filled by people willing to earn that money.

Crying like a spoilt child and picking up a fortune is taking the piss. I have seen players this week in their comfort zone and it was awful. I might be in a minority but I would have GH over AM as at least there seemed to be an ambition to change and evolve. And again, probably in my party of only a few, Warnock has been no better than average this season and at times a liability. I have no idea why he is being put forward as a player that proves a point.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »

Nobody's jumping down your throat - but if people can't say what they think because they've been well paid then what's the point of anything? Ringo can't have a go at Paul, McGrath can't have a go at himself, Vanunu can't have a go at Israel, Deep throat...etc etc etc

If everybody performed to 100% of their capacity despite the context then there'd be no need for managers, surely?

I wasn't aware that any of those you mentioned were employee/employer and I repeat what I said earlier - anyone who is happy to be paid the annual equivalent of a lottery jackpot win could at least have the common decency to keep quiet about those who paid it.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 01:41:01 AM »

I wasn't aware that any of those you mentioned were employee/employer and I repeat what I said earlier - anyone who is happy to be paid the annual equivalent of a lottery jackpot win could at least have the common decency to keep quiet about those who paid it.

Ringo and Paul, maybe not, but it's a de facto employee/er relationship. Vanunu worked on the Israeli bomb project, I think, and Mcgrath's demons were reliant on the monthly stipend. Still though, it was an illustration, and it served the purpose I intended it for.

Also, Young wasn't criticising Villa, he was very clearly talking just about Houllier.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 01:42:12 AM »
And I repeat: If everybody performed to 100% of their capacity despite the context then there'd be no need for managers, surely?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 02:28:13 AM »
I am stuck somewhere between being bored and annoyed by certain players who either did not want to, or could not adapt their game to what they wanted. Any job that pays more than the average annual salary per week should be filled by people willing to earn that money.

Crying like a spoilt child and picking up a fortune is taking the piss. I have seen players this week in their comfort zone and it was awful. I might be in a minority but I would have GH over AM as at least there seemed to be an ambition to change and evolve. And again, probably in my party of only a few, Warnock has been no better than average this season and at times a liability. I have no idea why he is being put forward as a player that proves a point.

I wasn't a huge fan of GH - though by the end of the campaign and all things considered, I thought he deserved another tilt at the thing. Health permitting.

I'm even less keen on players who -looking at it now-  seemed to have spent the bulk of last season sulking.  Whether they liked, were neutral or outright hated GH is immaterial to me.  The best players (or the ones with a bit of character)  find a way.   Ash, Downing, Bent and NRC didn't use GH's failings as an excuse to let their standards dip.

I'd quite happily bomb Dunne, Collins, Warnock and any other second rate player who felt it was OK to coast last season out of it though, even now. Get them as far away from VP as possible.  Tie them to a tomahawk missile and just fcuk them out of it completely.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:49 AM »
So the gist of it was Houllier demanded a bit of discipline and wanted the players to put in extra work?

Jesus, I've changed my mind, the bastard was worse than Hitler.

The worrying thing is we still have 3 or 4 who seems to share the same opinion as Young. With attitudes like that no wonder we get turned over by bolton

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 06:24:39 AM »

I wasn't a huge fan of GH - though by the end of the campaign and all things considered, I thought he deserved another tilt at the thing. Health permitting.

I'm even less keen on players who -looking at it now-  seemed to have spent the bulk of last season sulking.  Whether they liked, were neutral or outright hated GH is immaterial to me.  The best players (or the ones with a bit of character)  find a way.   Ash, Downing, Bent and NRC didn't use GH's failings as an excuse to let their standards dip.

I'd quite happily bomb Dunne, Collins, Warnock and any other second rate player who felt it was OK to coast last season out of it though, even now. Get them as far away from VP as possible.  Tie them to a tomahawk missile and just fcuk them out of it completely.

AYE.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
Why should he shut the fuck up  ?
The manager managed to alienate most of the first  team squad, that told on the performances.
Look at Dunne, Collins and Warnock since he left.
The manager was a cock, the players knew it and the stories are now filtering out.
I don't see too many stories coming out about how much the players miss Houllier, his methods and his great man management.
The fact that Dunne, Collins and Warnock can all of a sudden start to play better now Houllier has gone smacks of spoilt little brats kicking up a fuss when they can't get their own way. Because these players put themselves before the club with their antics makes a good arguement to get rid of them. A few of our players need their attitude re-aligning and a reminder who pays their wages. On a previous post people talked about something rotten in the team, I believe these three players are definately in that barrel.

100% agree.....overpaid prima donnas need to have a real dose of reality employment....mmm new TV series methinks

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal