collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Weimann Recalled  (Read 15425 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Weimann Recalled
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
Agree Aftab

Very worried about Albrighton, come Xmas and he'll have been rubbish for a year.

With our kids it's been "jam tomorrow" for the past 2 seasons

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
How often has the Fonz started in his position, as centre forward?

He's tended to have done ok when he's played up front, but he was out wide the other night which was just stupid.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 12:43:10 PM »
Interesting decision, Heskey will probably be back for Wigan and Bent has a chance of making Sunday so I'd say this is a kick up the backside for Fonz to actually start scoring some goals unless he's injured himself.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »

He's tended to have done ok when he's played up front, but he was out wide the other night which was just stupid.

From what I have seen of him, I just cannot see him ever being a first choice striker for Villa, he's just not good enough.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »

From what I have seen of him, I just cannot see him ever being a first choice striker for Villa, he's just not good enough.

I tend to agree with that.

The few times i have seen him i havent been overly impressed with his positional sense and decision making

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Bent and Heskey both out for Sunday!

Offline philthebar

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »

I tend to agree with that.

The few times i have seen him i havent been overly impressed with his positional sense and decision making

Agreed

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
The amount of stick the Fonz was getting from the bench for not being in the right positions and generally not doing what he was told would indicate they aren't particularly happy with him...

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
The Fonz has been out on loan and we learnt that he didn't score when playing for Burnley.

All of our youngsters are at an age now where they need to be delivering in the prem or sold

I agree totally. When I see how quickly youngsters come through at other clubs and seem to make their mark, I sometimes get a bit tired of waiting to see for what seems ever and an age whether any of our crop are going to make it. It always appears to me, perhaps unfairly, that whilst we seem to develop an awful lot of good'ish talent quantity wise, we rarely seem to produce the one off special talents on a regular basis as, say, Everton do

Fully agree Richard

Bannan and Albrighton are what 22?

The Fonz has been around the first team for 3 seasons

Chris Herd is 22

Shane Lowry is 22

Ciaran Clark is 22

hardly kids

Agree entirely.

All about the average age of the teams ManU have been putting out recently.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
None of our youngsters cost us or are likely to cost anyone £15-20million like Phil Jones or De Gea did Man United.

The brute fact is that as good as they have all been in spells the likelihood is that only 1 or 2 will make a good player for us and at best another two will go on to be solid players for other PL teams. The rest will be down the divisions.

I like Weimann. He is super talented and a decent finisher but he's struggled to get going due to injuries.

The thing is that we should have sent most of them out on loan sooner. A lot of the problems we are seeing with the Fonz are due to a lack of football IMO. Had he been given those spells out in the Championship two seasons ago then we would see a bettter player now. When he first broke through he was a rwa talent and since then he hasn't moved on and may even have gone backwards.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
deffo agree with the fonz

as soon as he was sniffing around the first team he should have been out on loan

he couldn't do it Burnley but he is going to magically come good for us

Offline villa baz

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
the fonz has had his chance,he aint gonna make it.ditto albrighton.i hope they prove me wrong.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »
Thought my mate was lying when he saw him and Barry Bannan in Mechu the other night. Well must be true. Bannan is always in there and likes a drink no wonder he has no pace.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »
the fonz has had his chance,he aint gonna make it.ditto albrighton.i hope they prove me wrong.
He's going to make it as soon as he's shipped off.  ::)

I dont want him to go, but we need some sort of return on these investments we've been babying for the last 5 years. C'mon youngin's.

I really rate Weimann and think he can do a serious job for us in the Prem. I recommended that we recall him about two or three weeks ago on Twitter because our strikeforce just wasn't there and I got absolutely blasted by Villa "supporters" saying I was clueless.. well, look what we've come to.

I'd like to see him feature. We have nothing to lose and I can't see Delfounso making an impact from the start. Weimann on the other hand scores left and right no matter what team he's playing for.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
The Fonz has not had his chance at all!

You lot are all abit delirious, you can't compare our academy players to those of other clubs, we hear about ours very early, but only hear about players from other clubs when they break in to a team.

When the likes of Kevin Prince Boatang, Welbeck, Cleverley, Walker were mentioned on here everybody turned there nose's up at them.
One is playing well for AC Milan, one we had an loan and all agree is quality and the other two were 1st teamera at untied until they got injured.

The Fonz has not had a chance, he had a run last season of a few games and was subbed just after scoring against Burnley, apart from that he has always played out wide out of position. Look how long it's taken Gabby to adapt to that position.

Wiemann I really rate and I think will flourish if given a chance.

A chance is not defined by being thrown in because we have no other option, it's consistently giving them minutes on the pitch, 10-15 minutes here and there, letting them adapt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal