collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - 'King Kenny'; £100m and barely better than Hodgson  (Read 12239 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
0% Villa - 'King Kenny'; £100m and barely better than Hodgson
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
If you're sick of annoying Scousers fawning over 'King Kenny' you should like this.

I discovered an interesting stat today that in the first 27 games in charge under Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool have only won two games more than under Hodgson, despite spending over £100m.  Details here - http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2011/09/kenny-dalglish-vs-roy-hodgson-first-27.html

It links in with the thread on selling the naming rights to Villa Park and just shows how little £100m gets you these days where to a club like Man City that's three players!

It also shows that regardless of how good or bad you are, if the fans don't want you, your reign will be deemed a failure from the start!

Unlucky Alex...

Offline DrGonzo

Re: 0% Villa - 'King Kenny'; £100m and barely better than Hodgson
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
He is the Red Scouse version of Wah KK in Geordie Dreamland.  Can't wait for it to go tits up.  In fact the only thing that is making me smile about football at the moment is how inept the Red Shite are.  Good luck Downing you money grabbing twat bag.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
And yet, they'll be scrapping it out with Spurs for 4th place come the end of the season.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:39:02 PM »
In fact the only thing that is making me smile about football at the moment is how inept the Red Shite are.  Good luck Downing you money grabbing twat bag.

What would you have said to a Watford fan that said that about Ashley Young in 2007?

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »
It depends on how you spend the 100 mill really. Bearing in mind that he didn't exactly start from scratch, he's hardly done much to inspire.

I'm just glad to see some other club spunking money left right and centre on players are most unlikely to provide a commensurate return.

O'Neill must be crying his eyes out.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:40 AM »
In fact the only thing that is making me smile about football at the moment is how inept the Red Shite are.  Good luck Downing you money grabbing twat bag.

What would you have said to a Watford fan that said that about Ashley Young in 2007?

So Villa are to Liverpool what Watford are to Villa?

We're all a bit down at the moment, but steady on.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »
And yet, they'll be scrapping it out with Spurs for 4th place come the end of the season.

Yep. It always seems to be the wrong time for us doesn't it?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »
I was ambivilant at first but when Onion face started moaning about getting a raw deal from ref's I soon changed my mind.

Fuck 'em. And him.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 06:08:33 AM »
I was ambivilant at first but when Onion face started moaning about getting a raw deal from ref's I soon changed my mind.

Fuck 'em. And him.

I agree, as a deflection tactic, slagging the ref is sooo old and boring....in fact exactly what you'd expect from someone who had been out of the game for so long....he'll be playing 3 at the back next....oh, hang on!

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »

Why because we are playing Championship football?  Not certain but I think we are above Liverpool in the league at the moment.  Anything else?

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:20:28 AM »

sorry Pete3206, I don't think they will be. I reckon they will be lucky to hit top 7/8

apart from Suarez, Reina and maybe Stevie Me I would not have any of them at the Villa.

UTV
the Doc

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »
It depends on how you spend the 100 mill really. Bearing in mind that he didn't exactly start from scratch, he's hardly done much to inspire.

I'm just glad to see some other club spunking money left right and centre on players are most unlikely to provide a commensurate return.

O'Neill must be crying his eyes out.

I've said before that they remind me of us about 3 years ago - paying over the odds for mostly very average players with one or two exceptions in a fruitless search for that elusive CL place. Whilst I think they might get a tad closer than we did, it will all unravel in much the same way, with Suarez going to a club who can pay him more and guarantee him medals whilst some of the others such as Henderson will have vastly reduced resale values. Sound familiar?

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »

sorry Pete3206, I don't think they will be. I reckon they will be lucky to hit top 7/8

apart from Suarez, Reina and maybe Stevie Me I would not have any of them at the Villa.

UTV
the Doc

Arsenal and Liverpool will both finish in the top 6, above us, despite their poor starts. In a depressing league that's possibly the most depressing thought of all. Actually scratch that I've just had a mental image of Rio singing "champione"

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
In a depressing league that's possibly the most depressing thought of all. Actually scratch that I've just had a mental image of Rio singing "champione"

I can think of very little that isn't depressing this season, but the possibility of Liverpool fucking up is a little ray of gladness.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
In a depressing league that's possibly the most depressing thought of all. Actually scratch that I've just had a mental image of Rio singing "champione"

I can think of very little that isn't depressing this season, but the possibility of Liverpool fucking up is a little ray of gladness.

I agree. The depressing part is that their equivalent of fucking up will still most likely see them comforably in the top 6 and comfortably ahead of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal