collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How would you sort the Current Situation out?  (Read 17638 times)

Offline Compass

Re: How would you sort the Current Situation out?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
I trust Ireland's football ability more than the board's ability to find the right manager that's how terrible they are.

I know what you mean.  If Mcleish was sacked tomorrow the sense of dread at who they might choose to replace him would be unbearable.

I really think they would top McLeish. I mean look at McLaren right now at Forest, he's probably gonna walk out and if our board were to sack McLeish, they would probably go for McLaren.

Really don't know what went in their mind when they hired McLeish this summer. Hughes was available to take the job or if they really wanted someone to work in these ridiculous restrictions then someone like Curbs would have been better. Not a man who has 2 Premier League relegations and finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.  I think they're mentally ill and it's a nightmare they remain charge of our club.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 02:09:19 PM »
I think undoubtedly Randy has to stay and rumours of him totally losing interest in Villa are, I suspect, very wide of the mark. He’s clearly a realistic who has assessed the way football is heading and decided that the best long term policy is to reign in and maintain equilibrium. Herein to me lies the root of the problem. I suspect that the actions of the club are valid and business savvy, however, the PR at Villa is nothing short of shocking.

When Randy first took over, there was a palpable sense that the club valued the fans and many things were done to make us feel that the club truly valued us. However, ever since the departure of MON, the club has been stepping backwards at a frightening pace, leaving fans bewildered and the press seeing an easy target for the tedious ‘Villa in crisis’ banner. They have got to address this sharpish and give us the fans a clear picture of the actions we are taking so that we get a sense of why we are doing what we are doing and what the long term goal is.

RL has to stay? He and his joke side-kick The General have lurched from one crisis to another since August 2010. They haven't a clue and have made a series of disastrous decisions over the last year or so. You need Football men on the Board and these two haven't any idea whatsoever. I can't believe that people on here still support a part-time regime that's rapidly sending us down to the Championship - WAKE UP!!

And who do you propose should takeover? Perhaps we ought to give Doug a call back and say all is forgiven, or perhaps give Bill Gates a tinkle and ask him if he fancies taking on a middling Premier League club who’s fans have the patience of a six year old with a bag of sweets and are prone to turn on him the moment he chooses not to spunk another 10M away on a fruitless exercise.

We've had 12 months of being patient - where's the club heading? DOWN perhaps idiots like you enjoy Championship football

Offline NeilH

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
I think undoubtedly Randy has to stay and rumours of him totally losing interest in Villa are, I suspect, very wide of the mark. He’s clearly a realistic who has assessed the way football is heading and decided that the best long term policy is to reign in and maintain equilibrium. Herein to me lies the root of the problem. I suspect that the actions of the club are valid and business savvy, however, the PR at Villa is nothing short of shocking.

When Randy first took over, there was a palpable sense that the club valued the fans and many things were done to make us feel that the club truly valued us. However, ever since the departure of MON, the club has been stepping backwards at a frightening pace, leaving fans bewildered and the press seeing an easy target for the tedious ‘Villa in crisis’ banner. They have got to address this sharpish and give us the fans a clear picture of the actions we are taking so that we get a sense of why we are doing what we are doing and what the long term goal is.

RL has to stay? He and his joke side-kick The General have lurched from one crisis to another since August 2010. They haven't a clue and have made a series of disastrous decisions over the last year or so. You need Football men on the Board and these two haven't any idea whatsoever. I can't believe that people on here still support a part-time regime that's rapidly sending us down to the Championship - WAKE UP!!

And who do you propose should takeover? Perhaps we ought to give Doug a call back and say all is forgiven, or perhaps give Bill Gates a tinkle and ask him if he fancies taking on a middling Premier League club who’s fans have the patience of a six year old with a bag of sweets and are prone to turn on him the moment he chooses not to spunk another 10M away on a fruitless exercise.

We've had 12 months of being patient - where's the club heading? DOWN perhaps idiots like you enjoy Championship football

**ring ring** Hello is that the Kumar Brothers, yes this is Randy Lerner here. Are you looking for a new football challenge, well have I got a great proposition for you.

Believe me, you don't want Randy walking away right now.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
I think they're mentally ill and it's a nightmare they remain charge of our club.

No over-reaction there at all.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »
I'd be patient, how old fashioned must that sound to some of you?

Offline Compass

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
I think they're mentally ill and it's a nightmare they remain charge of our club.

Really isn't an over reaction. To do this day, it still makes no logical sense why they hired him. Fans protested for so many reasons and it's not just because he was the Small Heath manager. He hasn't got a good Premier League record, he is known for one of the worst football dross (makes Big Sam football look good), he isn't good in the transfer market, he has no Plan A, he isn't even good at relegation battles.

The performances we've played under him so far have been truly shocking. You would think seeing as he has got better tools to work with he would improve his tactics from Small Heath, but it's exactly the same. No vision. No passion. No idea. Not only are we not winning enough games, but the draws we've managed to get (don't be fooled, the unbeaten Premier League run is a blessing in disguise) we didn't even deserve. Now we're not even improving. We're going backwards at a extreme rate and the majority of fans think QPR, a newly promoted team who hasn't been in the PL for over a decade will beat us easily and they're right. We have no idea what we're doing on the pitch.

The worst part is the protests were there as a warning. Due to the board's arrogance, they thought they knew best when it's clear they don't. Now seats are affected and I can see it getting worse as time goes by if the performance doesn't improve soon, which it won't because this is all McLeish knows.

Surely you must understand these concerns? I mean what positives could you take yesterday from last night match? We had our first shot on target at home against Bolton reserves nearly the 90th min? What else. Why is McLeish a good manager for us? How can you be saracstic and think it's an over reaction? It seems McLeish could be immune from a sacking (the board won't have the guts to admit they were wrong) and this could finish us a Premier League club.

Offline eastie

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »
If randy feels he no longer has the resources or desire to take the club onwards to the next level then id like him to say so and look for new investors -he has given it his best shot and got very close but the dream is now over.
I thank him for all hes done in the past but if he cannot any longer afford it then come clean and leave with his head held high- and yes i know its not easy to find someone who would want to invest in aston villa but i dont want us to be happy to just stay up and exist.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »
If randy feels he no longer has the resources or desire to take the club onwards to the next level then id like him to say so and look for new investors -he has given it his best shot and got very close but the dream is now over.
I thank him for all hes done in the past but if he cannot any longer afford it then come clean and leave with his head held high- and yes i know its not easy to find someone who would want to invest in aston villa but i dont want us to be happy to just stay up and exist.

And what are you reckoning to Mcleish, Eastie - you were the one guy who was actually happy with the appointment from what I can remember.

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »

Really isn't an over reaction. To do this day, it still makes no logical sense why they hired him. Fans protested for so many reasons and it's not just because he was the Small Heath manager. He hasn't got a good Premier League record, he is known for one of the worst football dross (makes Big Sam football look good), he isn't good in the transfer market, he has no Plan A, he isn't even good at relegation battles.

The performances we've played under him so far have been truly shocking. You would think seeing as he has got better tools to work with he would improve his tactics from Small Heath, but it's exactly the same. No vision. No passion. No idea. Not only are we not winning enough games, but the draws we've managed to get (don't be fooled, the unbeaten Premier League run is a blessing in disguise) we didn't even deserve. Now we're not even improving. We're going backwards at a extreme rate and the majority of fans think QPR, a newly promoted team who hasn't been in the PL for over a decade will beat us easily and they're right. We have no idea what we're doing on the pitch.

The worst part is the protests were there as a warning. Due to the board's arrogance, they thought they knew best when it's clear they don't. Now seats are affected and I can see it getting worse as time goes by if the performance doesn't improve soon, which it won't because this is all McLeish knows.

Surely you must understand these concerns? I mean what positives could you take yesterday from last night match? We had our first shot on target at home against Bolton reserves nearly the 90th min? What else. Why is McLeish a good manager for us? How can you be saracstic and think it's an over reaction? It seems McLeish could be immune from a sacking (the board won't have the guts to admit they were wrong) and this could finish us a Premier League club.

Ridiculous over reaction -we had our first shot in the 87th minute not the 90th (smiley.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:23:00 PM by eastie »

Offline Merv

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »
it still makes no logical sense why they hired him.

Makes perfect sense. Think about the new strategy/policy in place - a manager who would accept certain limitations was the aim. That's why McLeish isn't going anywhere for a while. Results on the pitch are only part of his job description.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »

And what are you reckoning to Mcleish, Eastie - you were the one guy who was actually happy with the appointment from what I can remember.

Mcleish certainly wasnt my top choice but was by no means as bad a choice as some portrayed, i was happy to welcome him here and give him a chance and the jury is still out to an extent-i beleive he was sold down the river having sold players for £40m to only be given a quarter of that to bring new players in -any manager would struggle having lost his best creative players and im more inclined to blame randy than mcleish at present.

No doubt though the sort of dire football being served up by mcleish at the moment is not acceptable and he needs to make changes to his sytle of football and fast -in all honesty i think the club is in a real mess at the top and randys biggest mistake was in not appointing the right manager when mon left and the club were still relatively attractive.

Offline Compass

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
it still makes no logical sense why they hired him.

Makes perfect sense. Think about the new strategy/policy in place - a manager who would accept certain limitations was the aim. That's why McLeish isn't going anywhere for a while. Results on the pitch are only part of his job description.

It doesn't make perfect sense at all, especially financial wise. We had to pay extra money to bring him in and he's one of the main reasons why seats are low this year. It's gonna get worse  because people don't wanna pay for this pile of crap. So the board can keep cutting all they want, they won't see much revenue when the season finishes compared to previous ones and it's their fault alone for not realising this could happen.

Oh, and there were other managers available even if we ignore Mark Hughes. Alan Curbishley would have been happy enough to do the work in these limitations. Not only that, but his football isn't bad, his Premier League record isn't bad and knows how to win a relegation fight if it did come to that. Yeah, he may been average, but McLeish is levels below average and it doesn't feel safe we'll remain in the Premier League with him as our manager.

There's no justifications and it seems fans are still clutching straws. It was one of the biggest shambolic appointments in history and that alone is why we need a new board because they won't learn from their mistakes. I mean Randy has been here 5 years now and still hasn't got a clue of how football works.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »
I'll be interested to see the reaction after we beat QPR 4-0.

Offline eastie

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
I'll be interested to see the reaction after we beat QPR 4-0.

I  see nothing but swp ripping us apart and a defeat in all honesty.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
Results on the pitch are only part of his job description

A very large part of his job description, I would guess

About 99%

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal