collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lowest Point  (Read 21146 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: Lowest Point
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
This talk of a good start is a bit of a myth. Yes we're unbeaten but this time last year we had seven points and two wins from five league games and went on to win the sixth. I dont see us being that much better off now other than defence looks a wee bit sharper.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
and this time last year we had Young and Downing playing for us, which we don't this year...so relatively speaking, I think AM is doing rather well, given the circumstances.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »
Dunno about the "wholesale pissedoffedness at the evolving catastrophe" statement. For me, it's precisely the reason that things are still "evolving" that I'm not pissed off.

The wholesale pissedoffedness has been evolving for at least 18 months as far as I can see.  I love how this thread has now become a race to the bottom discussion, how times have changed.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
and this time last year we had Young and Downing playing for us, which we don't this year...so relatively speaking, I think AM is doing rather well, given the circumstances.

We've been out played though by 3 teams who are gonna be are rivals this year,with similar squads,and got outplayed last night by a reserve team.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:07 AM »
Looking forward to QPR. I want us to win and won't be on here crowing if we fail to do so.

That's the spirit. Fucking brilliant, DC5. The best thing I have read on here for weeks.

--

I suppose the lowest point will inevitably be the first bad one. For me it was hearing of the draw against Smethwick in 1959. I still hate Ronnie Allen.

Even relegation to the third was not as bad. Oddly enough, for me at least, we had turned a corner under Vic Crowe, but not quite soon enough. We were on the up all the same.

I have no idea how this season will pan out. I still think it's a question of how many teams are worse than us.

The team sheet looks even poorer than it did in O'Leary's last season. If our campaign this year hinges on McLeish doing a better job than O'Leary then at least the odds of suffering nothing worse than a nothing season are not so bad.

A nothing season is probably the best to hope for right now.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »
Looking forward to QPR. I want us to win and won't be on here crowing if we fail to do so.

That's the spirit. Fucking brilliant, DC5. The best thing I have read on here for weeks.

--

I suppose the lowest point will inevitably be the first bad one. For me it was hearing of the draw against Smethwick in 1959. I still hate Ronnie Allen.

Even relegation to the third was not as bad. Oddly enough, for me at least, we had turned a corner under Vic Crowe, but not quite soon enough. We were on the up all the same.

I have no idea how this season will pan out. I still think it's a question of how many teams are worse than us.

The team sheet looks even poorer than it did in O'Leary's last season. If our campaign this year hinges on McLeish doing a better job than O'Leary then at least the odds of suffering nothing worse than a nothing season are not so bad.

A nothing season is probably the best to hope for right now.
I got smashed for suggesting same a couple of months ago.
We are going nowhere until Randy's financial situation improves in the US of A. It is not about the fans for now it is about cash and McLeish is just a forelock tugger until general economies improve. Once they do improve we may see improvements but for now he is a caretaker on a good stipend. For the moment we just sit and squirm and hope it does not get any worse!
As someone pointed out tonight there are at least 16 teams looking to finish mid-table this season!! Not a lot of room there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal