collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Job Losses At The Club  (Read 43107 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Job Losses At The Club
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
On reading the thread title I was hoping that Messrs Beye and Heskey had been relieved of their duties.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »
On reading the thread title I was hoping that Messrs Beye and Heskey had been relieved of their duties.

I'd be more worried about Dunney leaving now the staff kitchen's closing!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
That pub was never ever going to be a success, so I'm surprised people are so surprised it's closing. It's just in the wrong place.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
My thoughts are with the unfortunate people who have lost their jobs.

It's quite depressing when you see players with ridiculous wages from their gold plated contracts milking the club dry for little return when ordinary people whose yearly salaries could probably be covered by a few weeks of Habib Beye are losing their jobs.

Offline spud1950

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
Most of the catering staff .Have contracts of zero hours .They are used when needed .Lack of functions and meetings means for months some have been doing 5 or 6 hours a week if lucky But the managment side keeps growing .With more and more family members

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
That pub was never ever going to be a success, so I'm surprised people are so surprised it's closing. It's just in the wrong place.

I would'nt say the pub is in the wrong place, but it dose'nt really need to open all week. I do hope those who have lost their jobs find new work soon.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
Most of the catering staff .Have contracts of zero hours .They are used when needed .Lack of functions and meetings means for months some have been doing 5 or 6 hours a week if lucky But the managment side keeps growing .With more and more family members

Management side of what?

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:59 PM »

Quite agree. The refurbishment was a wonderful idea, and very well carried out, but ultimately it's a vanity project. There isn't (and wasn't) ever going to be enough trade to cover operating costs...location, location, location. I think it would have been easy to predict this flaw with just a tiny bit of market research before starting out.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
Kind of symbolic, really, of the way things are going.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

For example?

Offline spud1950

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
The catering side

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
Kind of symbolic, really, of the way things are going.

Absolutely. There's very much a Doug-esque feeling of the club once again "cutting it's cloth..." In fact everything that is happening reminds me of the early post-Gregory years.....i.e. after he signed a large number of players for huge fees and gave them all big contracts....sound familiar?

Offline woody4866

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »

Quite agree. The refurbishment was a wonderful idea, and very well carried out, but ultimately it's a vanity project. There isn't (and wasn't) ever going to be enough trade to cover operating costs...location, location, location. I think it would have been easy to predict this flaw with just a tiny bit of market research before starting out.

Couldn`t agree more, unless you live on the doorstep its not a place that springs to mind when you want a midweek or sunday lunch/drink

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »
When it opened, they ran a ridiculous season ticket lottery scheme for matchdays, then in subsequent seasons allowed only season ticket holders who even had to pay to get in. Why didn't they let more people in from the off to build up a customer base, thus encouraging them to come back and telling their friends and family that it might be a nice place to have a Sunday lunch or a midweek meal? The place always looks as if it's closed, even on a matchday.

When it opened there was a lot of police 'advice' for matchday opening.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »
It's a shame, it's a really nice place to have a drink. They let people in for nothing before the Hereford game and they maybe should try that more often.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal