collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Changes to coaching staff  (Read 10585 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Changes to coaching staff
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
Isn't it 'Terry' Gennoe if its the old Blackburn keeper?

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
Someone give me a shout when we start playing some attractive, pass and move, intelligent football in that case...I won't hold my breath though

Seconded

I know BB has just been man of the match for the Sweaties but I know I'll start with Ivanhoe.
All the coaching in the world can't remedy that

I bet you two are fun at a party.

Having an extra coach does suggest that AMc and his team will be working a lot more with the players in the future (certainly compared to MON's two hour training sessions).  I think it is vitally important that extra time is invested in a young squad as they need tactical debriefing etc if they are to get better.  It also mirror's AMc's post match comments where he stressed a couple of times that he thought he could get a bit more out of the players.

In an ideal world we'd obviously be buying a few more "finished articles" but in this world the extra coaching and apparent work ethic of AMc will hopefully see us improve.

So by that I assume that you would rather heskey start above bannan?

heskey should be nowhere near our first team

Don't forget the magical signing of hutton who really impressed

Far too many if's and ands, just get used to us playing horrible and uninspiring football for the remainder of AM's contract

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
Someone give me a shout when we start playing some attractive, pass and move, intelligent football in that case...I won't hold my breath though

Seconded

I know BB has just been man of the match for the Sweaties but I know I'll start with Ivanhoe.
All the coaching in the world can't remedy that

I bet you two are fun at a party.

Having an extra coach does suggest that AMc and his team will be working a lot more with the players in the future (certainly compared to MON's two hour training sessions).  I think it is vitally important that extra time is invested in a young squad as they need tactical debriefing etc if they are to get better.  It also mirror's AMc's post match comments where he stressed a couple of times that he thought he could get a bit more out of the players.

In an ideal world we'd obviously be buying a few more "finished articles" but in this world the extra coaching and apparent work ethic of AMc will hopefully see us improve.

So by that I assume that you would rather heskey start above bannan?

heskey should be nowhere near our first team

Don't forget the magical signing of hutton who really impressed

Far too many if's and ands, just get used to us playing horrible and uninspiring football for the remainder of AM's contract

Your glass is definitely half empty isn't it ?

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
Good move starting to like Mcleish

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
Good move starting to like Mcleish

He is doing a lot right in my opinion.  The huge elephant in the room is the perseverance with Heskey though.  There are some legitimate justifications for the selection but having Bannan there would make us so much better to watch (even if we lost more often) and would really get the monkey off his back about being a dull/conservative manager.  But of course, proving a small section of the Villa fan-base wrong should not be his objective.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
A positive move that as usual is turned in an excuse to air the same old gripes.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
Reports suggested Jenas was due to start in place of Heskey on Saturday. When he was unfit it seemed sensible to put him back in for his physical presence. The way we were subsequently out muscled supports that choice.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Reports suggested Jenas was due to start in place of Heskey on Saturday. When he was unfit it seemed sensible to put him back in for his physical presence. The way we were subsequently out muscled supports that choice.
Which makes complete sense.Some people would much rather use the inclusion of Heskey as a stick to beat the manager with

Anyway reports suggest that both Jenas and Heskey will be out for up to weeks which will give Bannan his chance to shine
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:33:27 PM by ZoggyAlways »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »
reports suggest that both Jenas and Heskey will be out for up to weeks

How many weeks?

But regarding the coaching changes this seems to be a positive move to me.  It strikes me that Mcleish has the right intentions over Villa's style and effectiveness.  Guess we'll have to wait and see if these intentions bear fruit.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »
reports suggest that both Jenas and Heskey will be out for up to weeks

How many weeks?

But regarding the coaching changes this seems to be a positive move to me.  It strikes me that Mcleish has the right intentions over Villa's style and effectiveness.  Guess we'll have to wait and see if these intentions bear fruit.

Sorry, two weeks

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
About bloody time

Indeed. Anybody who has ever seen our Reserves play will soon see how we play with a lot more style than the first team. I highly rate Kevin Mac as a coach and wanted him brought in to work with the first team under MON instead of Dumb and Dumber. It's a shame MON never saw it that way, though to his credit he did bring in KMac on last years pre-season, just before he ran away.

MacDonald will do a great job getting us playing the ball on the ground, passing, moving plus like Sid he has the respect of the younger players. It's a positive and intelligent step by McLeish and I for one fully support it as I suspect will the players.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
Good move, Kev Mac always gets the kids playing good football, lets hope he can help with the first team

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
I think this is a great idea but the main benefit is that KMac has worked with and is very familiar with many of the players coming through to the first team now. As well as Sid of course.
This can only be a good thing.
He's also a good coach and the players love him

I'm guessing Tony Mac or Bryan Jones will be the new reserves boss.

Continuity

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
Well done AM!

Offline woody4866

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
[MacDonald will do a great job getting us playing the ball on the ground, passing, moving plus like Sid he has the respect of the younger players. It's a positive and intelligent step by McLeish and I for one fully support it as I suspect will the players.
[/quote]
seconded

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal