collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: n'zogbia's overall play and attitude  (Read 46018 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: n'zogbia's overall play and attitude
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 10:54:20 PM »
Plays with a smile on his face, is not a term you will hear about NZOG.
If the coaches can integrate him into the club and team, he could be very effective.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
The old man made an interesting point during the game today.  Reckoned that people seeing how Young is getting on at the mancs, and how good a player Downing was for us last season, that we're coming to realise the quality of players that we've lost, and expecting N'zogbia to be able to replace that quality is maybe a bit much.  He's definately got talent, but I'm not sure he's as good as either of them if i'm honest.

That kind of sums it up for me. A lot of Villa fans where saying Young was useless last season and Downing is an ungrateful arsehole. So, get N'zogbia in, play Albrighton and Bannon and job done. Sadly it's not going to be as easy as that.

How much of a pre-season does he need, has he had a broken leg for 3 months?

To me, I think he is uncomfortable in his position. He wants a free role behind the striker. Perhaps he should have discussed this before signing for us.

Offline alan_clarke

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
was singing Charles' praises when he joined us but im yet to feel justified in that! Will give him time but wish he'd have the same impact our outgoing wingers have had at their clubs.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »
He is utter rubbish get rid of him!
I really don't see why a player has to  clap all around when he is subbed?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
put it this way Ashley Young has a much bigger step up to get used to Man Utd and Downing to get used to Liverpool than N'Zogbia does at Villa,

Can you explain exactly how it was a much bigger step for Young and Downing?

Offline jeff

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 02:53:29 AM »
put it this way Ashley Young has a much bigger step up to get used to Man Utd and Downing to get used to Liverpool than N'Zogbia does at Villa,

Can you explain exactly how it was a much bigger step for Young and Downing?

I was thinking the same???

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 02:56:45 AM »
He's been dreadful, and was absolutely rotten today.  He may turn out to be a good buy of course, but so far he's a million miles away from being as good as Downing, let alone Young.

Offline martin

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 04:26:06 AM »
Poor so far with a pretty dismal attitude. Will forgive the latter as soon as he stops being shit. I mean how difficulty is it to raise two fucking arms and put your hands together twice for people who've travelled far and paid loads to watch you?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »
Poor so far with a pretty dismal attitude. Will forgive the latter as soon as he stops being shit. I mean how difficulty is it to raise two fucking arms and put your hands together twice for people who've travelled far and paid loads to watch you?

Is exactly what I was going to say. It cost me £50 yesterday for coach & ticket not including beer & burger and he's too busy to care he's earnt probably 100 times that but were only supporters fuck us

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
Poor reaction to being substituted and he was very poor today as were several others , let's hope he improves against his old club next week.

Things is Eastie, he desperately wants to impress, to do the business in other words, and that means being on the pitch.

Managers like it when a player is pissed off when pulled off, it demonstrates commitment and a genuine desire to do well.

Give him time, think Downing.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
i think a few on here are being a little precious. The guy is obviously pissed at himself for underperforming - as im no longer 7years old  i couldnt give a rats ass whether he does a daft little gesture, just do the business on the pitch and ill be happy

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:45 AM »
i think a few on here are being a little precious. The guy is obviously pissed at himself for underperforming - as im no longer 7years old  i couldnt give a rats ass whether he does a daft little gesture, just do the business on the pitch and ill be happy

Yes but he isnt doing the business................and we cant afford him to take 6 months to settle into the team

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
Isn't this just typical, he's had 5 games must be shite kind of thing we're famous for. If he'd high fived Mcleish for taking him off and said after the game he was desperate to get on the bench and fuck about with his i-Pad i'd have been a bit more upset. He's settling in and getting fit at the same time, how about cutting one of our own some slack FFS.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
Isn't this just typical, he's had 5 games must be shite kind of thing we're famous for. If he'd high fived Mcleish for taking him off and said after the game he was desperate to get on the bench and fuck about with his i-Pad i'd have been a bit more upset. He's settling in and getting fit at the same time, how about cutting one of our own some slack FFS.

If he had put the same eagerness on the pitch which he put into throwing his moody strop going off it, he might be looked on more favourably. 

Offline Daholteend

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
The old man made an interesting point during the game today.  Reckoned that people seeing how Young is getting on at the mancs, and how good a player Downing was for us last season, that we're coming to realise the quality of players that we've lost, and expecting N'zogbia to be able to replace that quality is maybe a bit much.  He's definately got talent, but I'm not sure he's as good as either of them if i'm honest.

Agree and if he was as good as A.Young or Downing Mancs or 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' would have bought him instead. Especially at the 9.5M price we are led to believe he cost us.

Let there be no doubt, If we keep selling our best players every summer, there will be a period of games where we will have to "make do" with what else is available at the prices we can afford on our payroll. Ashley Young was always going to be a hard act to follow. At times I think he was under appreciated by us fans. Fans often don't know what they have until it's gone.

I am sure Zoggy will be worth the fees as soon as he has had a little time to sort out our playing styles in training. AT the moment it looks like N'Zogbia likes to play inside, whereas AM may be asking him to play wide right. In the game with Everton our stats on attacking showed that most of our attacking options (were there any in the first half?) came mainly through the middle. As soon as Albrighton came on we saw some right wing play , one of which led to Gabby's goal.

The luxury of having Downing and Young on our wings with Bent in the middle for this season would have been awesome.

In the meantime, while N'Zogbia is finding his feet, there is an opening for both Bannan and Ireland to shine.

It should be mentioned that Bent was showing signs of being hampered by his injury and that would alter passes and timing interplay between Bent and Zog. There is a lot of room for improvement as the season moves on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal