collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: n'zogbia's overall play and attitude  (Read 46023 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

n'zogbia's overall play and attitude
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
Anyone else not impressed so far? I know he's slightly behind in terms that he hasn't had a pre season but he's greedy and sulky and he keeps trying to do it all himself.

He hasn't clapped the fans once and when he was subbed today he just trudged off. So far looks like £9.5m wasted.

Thoughts?

Offline bob

Re: n'zogbia's overall play and attitude
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:17:43 PM »
He looks a bit lazy tracking back and hasn't offered much going forward either.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
A handful of games to settle doesn't seem over-generous to me.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
I think he's still finding his feet, and like a few other players still trying to find his role within this squad. He is quite greedy if I say so myself.. more of a dribble first, pass second kind of player. He needs to focus on serving the ball whether it be a neat pass or an over the top ball. I'd like to see him beat his defender and take it to the endline for a backward ball to the always waiting Bent. Yet to see anything really wow me, but I'm confident he'll come good in the next few weeks.

I expect him to have a big game against Toon.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
I've still got faith, he's very talented.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
If that strop he showed when he came off is symptomatic of his behaviour, the management staff need to have a word. At least he cares (about himself) I suppose.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:00:15 PM »
It is well known that he has an attitude problem so this was always the risk when he was bought and why I always said we should have bought Matt Jarvis

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:13:25 PM »
He's shown some good stuff in flashes but as others have said he's still settling in. As for being pissed off about being subbed I take that as a good sign, I wouldn't expect any player to be happy about it.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
Didn't he piss off to Dubai when he was in the midst of his transfer speculation? He's still settling and he's not had much of a pre-season.

He's undoubted quality but will come good. However he doesn't seem to have the same hunger and drive that Ashley had.

Offline eastie

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
Poor reaction to being substituted and he was very poor today as were several others , let's hope he improves against his old club next week.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 07:32:16 PM »

I rate him.

Did'nt show an attitude at Wigan, has a good touch, and was looking to be positive today, if Bent would have been fully fit today, a couple of them balls he tried might have worked.

We need him and Bannan in the team , they are the most creative players we have.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
He's shown some good stuff in patches, and been poor at other times, hopefully it's just a case of him settling into a new club and getting up to speed. And i'd much prefer a player be pissed at being subbed rather than not seem bothered.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
The reaction bothered me, yes he does need some time, he is used to the Premiership, can't see any reason why he isn't by now starting to show something of what everybody hopes is there, put it this way Ashley Young has a much bigger step up to get used to Man Utd and Downing to get used to Liverpool than N'Zogbia does at Villa, that said give him a few more games, for me i didn't have any great expectations for the player because this is a player that has played for Wigan (struggle) and Newcastle who was second choice to Duff so not quite sure what we should expect.

His attitude on leaving the pitch, was that frustration or was that something else, did he really think he'd played well.

Offline myf

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
I've seen him in two games this season (BBurn and Wolves) and thought he looked good in both.  Nothing amazing but tidy and skillful. 

We need to get behind the players, especially those who have only worn the shirt 4 times for us.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
I've seen him in two games this season (BBurn and Wolves) and thought he looked good in both.  Nothing amazing but tidy and skillful. 

We need to get behind the players, especially those who have only worn the shirt 4 times for us.

Fair enough, but the only thing that would concern me is when he looked a bit pee'd of when leaving the pitch did he think his standard was good enough and why are you taking me of boss, or, was it, I could have done a lot better against this crap, I'm better than this, this is the question surely and something that the back room boys need to sort.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal