collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Pre-season 2024/25 by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:23:50 PM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:14:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 38007 times)

Online taylorsworkrate

Re: Everton v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
Just seen the goals and I have to say that after last year's dive over a non-existent Makoun challenge. I think we were stitched up by Jagielka for a penalty the second time in two seasons.   For me Delph clearly has his eyes on the ball and  makes a jump for it, and Jagielka runs into him and then falls over like he's been shot.   If anything it was a foul on Delph for dangerous play, Jagielka having taken him out mid air.  Maybe the ref was making amends for the Bannan penalty incident which I haven't seen.

After the promise of much better football under GH, it does sound like, as expected, we are becoming a very dull, negative and predictable team under Eck, and I'm still waiting for his "horses for courses" philosophy to start.   So far it's like MON without the "flair".   

At least we don;t seem to give up easily, so that's something I suppose.

The problem was that Delph jumped much too early, the ball was still 20 foot in the air so he was putting himself in a position where any contact would be deemed a foul.

The second Delph leaped into the air, a penalty was the only possible outcome.  It was completely brainless.  Hopefully he'll learn.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »

You mean we had flair under MON? I must have missed that bit....

I put it in quotation marks to signify sarcasm.

Doesn't matter how early Delph jumped, Jagielka still ran towards him and caused the collision.  Delph had his eyes on the ball and didn't jump into Jagielka, Jagielka barged into him.  I don't see how Delph could have moved in mid air to cause the collision unless he was wearing a jet pack.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
Oh ya, Barry Horne was a disgrace in his co-commentating. He shouldn't be commentating on Everton games if he is that biased.
He was a total c**t.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
Well, it wasn't a good showing, was it?  We were ditre in the 1st half and not much better in the 2nd, with the exception that after the break we at least did seem to be trying harder.  Both fullbacks and Delph were poor, plus Bent didn't look fit, and the ability of one or two players got us out of a hole.  Under AM so far we've been pretty solid and that was the first time we looked 'easy to beat' - and hopefully the last aswell.   

Plus points were the form of Dunne and Given plus we showed a bit of character.  I always think a point away in the PL is not to be scoffed at, but it's hard to take positives from that.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2011, 09:33:59 PM »
Not a bad result considering we were the 2nd best side in the first half, great goal from Stan and a nice finish from Gabby!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal