collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0%Villa - Glasgow Rangers insolvent?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

0%Villa - Glasgow Rangers insolvent?
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
Had an interesting conversation with a Rangers fan whilst on holiday. He was knowledgeable about his club and claimed that he was certain that Rangers will go into administration in the next few weeks. Apparently, HMRC have issued an "arrestment order", in effect seizing control of the clubs bank accounts. He also said the outstanding tax bill is nigh on £50m.

Does anyone on here know what is happening?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Rangers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Would make the league more interesting. If they get deducted 10 or 15 points they could even finish as low as... second.

Offline RunRickyRun

Re: 0%Villa - Glasgow Rangers insolvent?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
They've arrested around 4 million but they are free to use any other monies in their account. (more here)

Rangers are disputing a 1.4 million fine relating to a liability of 2.8 million from 12 years ago. It will probably go through a lengthy legal process.

It all depends if they can afford to have this sum taken from their cash flow. They were willing to pay the 2.8 million so they would have already made provisions for most of it. I think they'll be OK

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:11:36 PM by TheZogman »

Offline martin

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
Had an interesting conversation with a Rangers fan whilst on holiday. He was knowledgeable about his club and claimed that he was certain that Rangers will go into administration in the next few weeks. Apparently, HMRC have issued an "arrestment order", in effect seizing control of the clubs bank accounts. He also said the outstanding tax bill is nigh on £50m.

Does anyone on here know what is happening?

Not the foggiest. But if ever a club embodied big club arrogance and little club nastiness it's this one. Add Small Heath to Manchester United and Glasgow Rangers would be pretty close to the answer.

I'm shedding tears but they are closer to the ones Des O'Connor manufactured when he dabbed his eyes with the back of his hand in deferrence to Freddie Starr than the ones mad people wept for Di.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
I heard this a few mths ago , mind It was from a Celtic fan , a knowledgable one thou ... (Did I spell that right )    .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal