collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheaper tickets for local residents  (Read 14704 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Re: Cheaper tickets for local residents
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »
Talking about a great bit of marketing, has anybody not seen the two Sikh lads next to the home dug out at Old Trafford? They're on TV more than Ferguson and I'd bet a pound to a penny Man Utd have strategically placed them there. They're a marketeers dream, everything you want, fun, passionate, animated and always dressed in replica kit, a clear demonstration of how Man United want to sell themselves as a globally supported club.

Yup. You see them there every game.

I bet they're from Birmingham as well.

I'm sure there were a couple of Sikh lads behind our dugout shown on TV during the Wolves game, notable because of those two at Newton Heath more than anything else, but good to see all the same.

Yeah I think I saw them as well.

Offline Bernie Gallacher

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
Kind of agree with what the club are trying to do but think they should extend it to other areas of 'Untapped Potential'.For example most kids in Chelmsley have noses as parents but as money is tight dont go to games. There is a lot of interest in football here and kids at a young age love to go whoever is playing so a few cut price deals might hook a few for the future - This is probably true also of others areas where money is tight such as Kingstanding.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
The club are doing a 2 for 30 quid deal for the Wigan game.

I haven't paid over 20 quid for at game this season yet.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Talking about a great bit of marketing, has anybody not seen the two Sikh lads next to the home dug out at Old Trafford? They're on TV more than Ferguson and I'd bet a pound to a penny Man Utd have strategically placed them there. They're a marketeers dream, everything you want, fun, passionate, animated and always dressed in replica kit, a clear demonstration of how Man United want to sell themselves as a globally supported club.

I'm sure there were a couple of Sikh lads behind our dugout shown on TV during the Wolves game, notable because of those two at Newton Heath more than anything else, but good to see all the same.

The population of the City of Birmingham is a little over a million, of which at the last census perhaps about 2/3rds described themselves as White/British ? For all sorts of reasons, I dont expect us to see every 3rd face at VP being non-white. The reality is that a 2nd/3rd generation football mad Asian lad in brum whose Dad/Grandad had no particular history of watching football has got a bigger chance of putting on a Man U or Chelsea shirt even though he rarely if ever will go to Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.
When I am at VP and look around, every 50th or 100th face may be non white ? That is probably the same at all grounds, but with the ethnic make up of our city we are definetely missing out.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »

The population of the City of Birmingham is a little over a million, of which at the last census perhaps about 2/3rds described themselves as White/British ? For all sorts of reasons, I dont expect us to see every 3rd face at VP being non-white. The reality is that a 2nd/3rd generation football mad Asian lad in brum whose Dad/Grandad had no particular history of watching football has got a bigger chance of putting on a Man U or Chelsea shirt even though he rarely if ever will go to Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.
When I am at VP and look around, every 50th or 100th face may be non white ? That is probably the same at all grounds, but with the ethnic make up of our city we are definetely missing out.

Yeah apparently Arsenal have the highest % of non-white fans at 7%.

Most grounds only have around 1% non-white fans.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
Be careful what you ask for.

In my opinion, the fact that we now have nice, safe seating, more female supporters, more "family friendly" areas, has led to a distinct lack of atmosphere. Not just at Villa Park, but every other gound in the country.
If we attract more "minorities" with no history of support, that will further reduce what little fervour is left.

This may be controversial, but in my opinion is accurate. I sit in the Upper Holte, and for most of the time it's like a morgue.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »

In my opinion, the fact that we now have nice, safe seating, more female supporters, more "family friendly" areas, has led to a distinct lack of atmosphere. Not just at Villa Park, but every other gound in the country.
If we attract more "minorities" with no history of support, that will further reduce what little fervour is left.

This may be controversial, but in my opinion is accurate. I sit in the Upper Holte, and for most of the time it's like a morgue.

You seem to be saying you lot on The Holte are now just a bunch of girls.

If so, I'm glad I am in the lower Trinity with the real men.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 10:44:01 AM »

If we attract more  minorities with no history of support, that will further reduce what little fervour is left.

Upper Holte is like a morgue because it's half empty a bit like all the upper tiers at VP now days.
You can not blame  the library atmosphere on  much improved facilities and more family orientated  approach. The so called "minorities" have not landed here from Mars last night they are born and bred here so get them in and they will in the "kitchen" with us and we will not have half empty ground.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »

Why have you put minorities in exclamation marks?

Anyway, all new fans of our club have no history of support, be they white, black, Asian or any other "minority" you care to mention. If we are going to rely purely on white, working class, son of another Villa fan supporters we'll be down to 20,000 per game soon.
We need to encourage everyone to come to Villa Park, and when they are there it's up to you lot in the Holte and the likes of Brigada to show them how good it can be when there's some atmosphere. If they like it, they are the future, if they don't we might not have one.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »

Don't attract more minorities because it might spoil the atmosphere even more?

What a 19th century way of looking at things.

Non singing minorities (although, quite honestly, why you assume what you call "minorities" will be less vocal or passionate is beyond me) are a fuck lot more passionate and involved than empty seats, of which we had 8,000 yesterday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal