collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheaper tickets for local residents  (Read 14728 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Cheaper tickets for local residents
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »
Treat everyone equally regardless of where they live.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
I get abit sick of people always moaning about what they haven't got.

Just support your club and don't whinge if they try to drum up some extra support, because let's face it, the atmosphere is shite at villa park at the moment.

Agreed. Although B37 deserves a discount for putting up with all these noses.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 11:01:35 AM »
Back in the 80s during a spell out of work I took advantage of the half price for the unemployed offer which ran at the time- do the unemployed still get that offer or has it long gone as it was 25 yrs ago at the time?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:55 AM »
Back in the 80s during a spell out of work I took advantage of the half price for the unemployed offer which ran at the time- do the unemployed still get that offer or has it long gone as it was 25 yrs ago at the time?

It went on to the early nineties to my knowledge. My ex mother-in-law was there every week in those days *winky*

Shouldn't everyone be treated equally though? And if it was 25 years ago at the time, does that make it the fifties/sixties?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:15:38 AM by PercyN'thehood »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

As amfy said, one thing the club are doing right is giving local people a feeling of belonging. There's the shop fronts, I spoke to people at Aston Pride who say locals talk positively about the club now and there are many more Asians at the match than ever before.. 

Have a looking at the population of the City in a circle about 2 miles from City centre. It is mostly Asian and we are losing the youngsters  from this group to manure , arsenal chelsea and no doubt  mancity in the future. Anything the Club does to get a fair few numbers of these locals onboard the better for us. We need the locals to have some pride about living within the vicinity of VP and  we need to entice them in whatever way we can.
I have two junior season tickets that  I use on rotational basis to bring  youngsters in the larger family to our home matches. By doing doing  I reckon I have saved about 8 of them from choosing the devils!

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »

It went on to the early nineties to my knowledge. My ex mother-in-law was there every week in those days *winky*

Shouldn't everyone be treated equally though? And if it was 25 years ago at the time, does that make it the fifties/sixties?

Not sure what decade your in percy but 25 yrs ago was 1986!
 25years ago at the time i used the offer!
Should be treated Equally regarding what area they live  was the comment i made ,helping the unemployed would make sense as does helping the young and elderly with concessions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:37:11 PM by eastie »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »

All commercial business's use different method and variable tactics to market their products why should we be different?
Sainsbury's send me money off vouchers when I stop shopping there for a little while however my neighbour does not get those and  they always shop there. It's called variable targeted marketing and it works for very successful organisations and we should adapt whatever all proven and trusted  methods.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »

Should be treated Equally regarding what area they live  was the comment i made ,helping the unemployed would make sense as does helping the young and elderly with concessions.

Come on son, get a grip. 25 years ago now is 1986. 25 years ago at the time was 1961.

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »

All commercial business's use different method and variable tactics to market their products why should we be different?
Sainsbury's send me money off vouchers when I stop shopping there for a little while however my neighbour does not get those and  they always shop there. It's called variable targeted marketing and it works for very successful organisations and we should adapt whatever all proven and trusted  methods.

The only thing that will attract the fans back on a regular basis is entertaining winning football.

Offline eastie

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »

Come on son, get a grip. 25 years ago now is 1986. 25 years ago at the time was 1961.

You need to lay off the whiskey so early on a saturday perce!
25 years ago at the time i used the offer .

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »

The only thing that will attract the fans back on a regular basis is entertaining winning football.

Are you saying that season tickets for say £200 would not attract fans back on a regular basis? I know somebody who had hardly ever been before who had a season ticket last year because he bought somebody's complimentary one for £250. Can't get it this year and he's not going again.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »

You need to lay off the whiskey so early on a saturday perce!
25 years ago at the time i used the offer .

I'm sober mate. I knew what you meant, I was ridiculing your clumsy English, which is not improving.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
In some cases maybe but if some people are not happy with what they are seeing and getting for their money they will stay away-we have had cheap deals already this season and got nowhere near a full house, put a winning and entertaining team on the pitch and see the fans come flocking back.

However to do so needs massive investment in the team and the match attendances no longer contribute the majority of a clubs income-the days of a regularly packed villa park o a regular basis are long gone i fear -as doug used to say it has been proved that dropping prices doesnt fill grounds.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:52:05 PM by eastie »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
as doug used to say it has been proved that dropping prices doesnt fill grounds.

I must have imagined the full house Small Heath got against Gillingham for a live TV game on a Frday night when it was a fiver in and kids for a quid. What did that prove then?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
You could also argue that our biggest gates every season come from the top price games. Price is a factor, but not the main one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal