collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheaper tickets for local residents  (Read 14727 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Cheaper tickets for local residents
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
Just got a ticket to the Newcastle game for £10.

This was because I live in the B20 postcode area (Handsworth Wood.)

Do the club do this for every game but just with different postcode areas?

We need this kind of thing because there are so many local people who support Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Potential support being taken away by the Sky 4

We only need to look at none other than Blackburn Rovers for inspiration.

A town with a population of only 105,085, yet they averaged 25,000 at Ewood Park last season.

Yet with our city home to some 1,028,701 people, we only averaged 37,220 last season.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:33:28 PM by TRS-T »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Cheaper tickets for local residents
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »
I read today that clubs allowed to do four local promotions per season; any more and presumably they'd fall foul of the equal pricing for home and away fans rule.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »
had season tickets for 4 years but got pissed off last season, I am thinking about bringing me and 3 kids to game at cost of 59 quid which i was  thinking of doing

But some muppet asked if I lived in B6 or B20 as if I did as a local resident as a gesture of goodwill could come to the game for 5 pounds as they have put with that noice and litter

Villa been in B6 since 1890 something

No residents been there that long

So as I live outside B6 we pay more! sounds like shit marketing to me

I get home my kids come home with 3 free tickets to man city first champion league game and 2 adults as part of manchester community programme
they may become man city fans now
villa your marketing bollocks

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »
So your complaint is based on Man City doing the same? We have a lot of people in the immediate vicinty of villa park who don't take much interest but if we can do something to spark that interest it will stay becaise the local link increases the chances of loyalty.
There are already signs that the clubs current approach is increasing the local community's sense of ownership of the club. Jusr drive down Witton Road and check out the new claret & blue shop fronts - the Aston Pizza etc. It's joined up thinking. I'm sorrry they're not marketing tp Manchester. But we probly should try to dissuade the kids in Aston from united & citeh first.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
had season tickets for 4 years but got pissed off last season, I am thinking about bringing me and 3 kids to game at cost of 59 quid which i was  thinking of doing

But some muppet asked if I lived in B6 or B20 as if I did as a local resident as a gesture of goodwill could come to the game for 5 pounds as they have put with that noice and litter

I get home my kids come home with 3 free tickets to man city first champion league game and 2 adults as part of manchester community programme

Because they aren't specifically targeting you personally, Villa's marketing is "shit," "bollocks" and the club employ "muppets."

As amfy said, one thing the club are doing right is giving local people a feeling of belonging. There's the shop fronts, I spoke to people at Aston Pride who say locals talk positively about the club now and there are many more Asians at the match than ever before.. 

Offline jb91

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
T, I always thought it was Handsworth you lived in!!

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »

Good to see that people who live in the centre of the Universe (Handsworth Wood) are being looked after.

• TRS-T
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »
T, I always thought it was Handsworth you lived in!!

;)

Good to see that people who live in the centre of the Universe (Handsworth Wood) are being looked after.

;D

and there are many more Asians at the match than ever before..

Good to hear.

I always see Asian fans in the crowd at Ewood Park on TV.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:51:00 PM by TRS-T »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »

Because they aren't specifically targeting you personally, Villa's marketing is "shit," "bollocks" and the club employ "muppets."

As amfy said, one thing the club are doing right is giving local people a feeling of belonging. There's the shop fronts, I spoke to people at Aston Pride who say locals talk positively about the club now and there are many more Asians at the match than ever before.. 

I agree entirely with the idea of drawing in new support from the local area but surely some effort should also be made to retain the supporters they already have who don't live in the area and who have been put off a bit by the current trend towards high prices?

Offline philsheard

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:23 PM »
I live a hundred miles away and go home and away. Am I not entitled to some discounted tickets?

• TRS-T
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
Apparently, you can get a ticket to the Wigan match for £5 if you live in the B6 postcode area.

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 08:33:36 AM »
Should be same price for all wherever you live in my opinion.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:42 AM »
I get abit sick of people always moaning about what they haven't got.

Just support your club and don't whinge if they try to drum up some extra support, because let's face it, the atmosphere is shite at villa park at the moment.

Offline eastie

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »
The only way to get the fans back on a regular basis and fill the ground is results and entertainment on the pitch- the greed in football and ridiculous wages are ruining the game and the rich will get bigger and richer leaving clubs like villa everton , Newcastle just existing in midtable- things at villa seem to have gone flat over the last year and without massive investment in the team nothing will change .

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
Should be same price for all wherever you live in my opinion.

What? All cheap? Then you'd be whinging even more when we can't bring a player in due to cash shortages.
All normal prices? So the club isn't allowed to reach out to the local community because YOU don't benefit?

It seems to me that in general, supporters reflect the state of top flight football these days - me, me, me, what do I get? Why should HE get something when I don't, wah, wah, wah.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal