collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Early 90's season results  (Read 6587 times)

Offline Vanilla

Re: Early 90's season results
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
Can anyone remember Ian Wright scoring a late winner or a goal that killed it in the early-mid 90's?

I've got a vague memory of it but I can't recall the rest of the match (I was only a kid!)

I remember we were 2-0 up against the Arsenal in early 1996 - 1997 season at Villa Park, and they scored an equaliser in injury time. Just checked results, and it was Linighan that scored though.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »
Can anyone remember Ian Wright scoring a late winner or a goal that killed it in the early-mid 90's?

I've got a vague memory of it but I can't recall the rest of the match (I was only a kid!)

I think he may have for Palace around 1991 or 92. The definitely beat us 1-0 and I got to travel all the way back to London with my gloating  Palace supporting brother in law. Longest journey ever.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

I remember we were 2-0 up against the Arsenal in early 1996 - 1997 season at Villa Park, and they scored an equaliser in injury time. Just checked results, and it was Linighan that scored though.

That might be the game I'm thinking of!

Cheers.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 01:24:36 AM »

1993-94, he was getting loads about missing the Cup-Winners Cup final all match then got the winner late on.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »

1993-94, he was getting loads about missing the Cup-Winners Cup final all match then got the winner late on.

Was that the season when we snatched a last minute winner (Deano?) at their place and we were singing about only needing one chance or something and then they were all over us at VP and only scored last minute and started chanting it back even though they had about 20?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 01:36:38 AM »

Was that the season when we snatched a last minute winner (Deano?) at their place and we were singing about only needing one chance or something and then they were all over us at VP and only scored last minute and started chanting it back even though they had about 20?

Yes. They battered us there and we got two late goals then beat them in the League Cup as well.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 05:40:59 AM »
1993-94 we played them three times.

2-1 at theirs in the league (Whittingham and Townsend), a real smash and grab

1-0 at theirs in the League Cup (Atkinson) although we had three disallowed. We were good that night.

1-2 at home, Ian Wright scored twice including one penalty after Neil Cox fouled him in the box, Ray Houghton scored for us by lobbing Seaman (snigger snigger). Ian Wright did indeed get much stick over being suspended for the CWCF and so enjoyed his late winner vs us. We in the meantime were in our post Wembley run that would ultimately end with BFR getting the sack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal