collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul McGrath is releasing a single  (Read 16456 times)

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Paul McGrath is releasing a single
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:05 AM »
Now.  Let's be brutally honest here.  Musically, it's not bad, but great it certainly ain't.  It's in the Robson & Jerome envelope - he sings it in tune, and quite nicely, but it's not exactly pushing any musical boundaries.  It's not Animal Collective or Battles.  It's X-Factor bland.  But what is absolutely fecking brilliant about it is that Mr McGrath is looking quite bloody well in that video.  He's sung a song for charity, he's let someone film him singing it on a beach and he looks as relaxed as if he was marking Alan Shearer out of a game.  Piece of piss.  That's worth celebrating.  If you've read his book (if you haven't you should, but it's not a comfortable read) you can't help but wonder what he's up to and where his head is at.  He could be doing a medley of Right Said Fred songs in a dress for what it's worth, point is he would appear to be alive and well and in an alright place.  That, I think, is brilliant. 

Spot on.

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »
Now.  Let's be brutally honest here.  Musically, it's not bad, but great it certainly ain't.  It's in the Robson & Jerome envelope - he sings it in tune, and quite nicely, but it's not exactly pushing any musical boundaries.  It's not Animal Collective or Battles.  It's X-Factor bland.  But what is absolutely fecking brilliant about it is that Mr McGrath is looking quite bloody well in that video.  He's sung a song for charity, he's let someone film him singing it on a beach and he looks as relaxed as if he was marking Alan Shearer out of a game.  Piece of piss.  That's worth celebrating.  If you've read his book (if you haven't you should, but it's not a comfortable read) you can't help but wonder what he's up to and where his head is at.  He could be doing a medley of Right Said Fred songs in a dress for what it's worth, point is he would appear to be alive and well and in an alright place.  That, I think, is brilliant. 

Spot on.
Great post!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

Spot on.
Great post!

Indeed.  Reading that has cheered me up no end, well done!

Offline martin

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »

Spot on.
Great post!

Indeed.  Reading that has cheered me up no end, well done!

Yes, that.

Sadly, a point of issue has to be raised on the stone skimming, however. Paul is clearly seen standing on a sandy beach, yet on two occasions attempts to skim pebbles across the water - almost impossible to achieve on an imcoming tide, incidentally, which would probably account for the camera maintaining a respectful distance at those points. Where does he get them from?

Disappointing that a man who has so bravely confronted his demons should compromise on truth to accomodate artistic license in this way.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »
It's alright.

Does anyone have a link to his song that got to number one in the Irish charts? I think it was just called "Ooa Aah Paul McGrath". A bit of research tells me it was by a band called "Watch Your House" but I can only find their 1994 World Cup song online.

http://2manykids.com/fitba/Watch%20Your%20House%20featuring%20Paul%20McGrath%20-%20Ooh%20Ahh%20Paul%20Mc%20Grath.MP3

Can anyone get this on am mp3 they can download and save? I want it as my ringtone!

Offline gervilla

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
Not read the whole thread so apologies if it's been mentioned already, but surely it's worth an effort at getting it to number 1 through facebook, I mean with it being for charity an all....

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
It's alright.

Does anyone have a link to his song that got to number one in the Irish charts? I think it was just called "Ooa Aah Paul McGrath". A bit of research tells me it was by a band called "Watch Your House" but I can only find their 1994 World Cup song online.

http://2manykids.com/fitba/Watch%20Your%20House%20featuring%20Paul%20McGrath%20-%20Ooh%20Ahh%20Paul%20Mc%20Grath.MP3

Cheers Werewolf.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
Maybe he'll give us a rendition on Saturday
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2449582,00.html

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal