collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again  (Read 14573 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »

Now unemployed.

I'd have him over Faulkner any day.

Nice. So you'd have a repulsive cretin who takes the piss out of cancer victims over a bloke doing a job that you don't happen to agree with. Faulkner's not the most brilliant chief exec but that's quite the unbelievable statement.

I'm probably not quite as sensitive a soul as you.

I think you're almost certainly colder than most of the population if you're confirming Toronto is correct in what he's suggesting. And somewhat deficient in empathy and compassion.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
The closest I'd want that despicable odeous shitworm to Villa Park is Proxima Centauri.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »

Now unemployed.

Nice. So you'd have a repulsive cretin who takes the piss out of cancer victims over a bloke doing a job that you don't happen to agree with. Faulkner's not the most brilliant chief exec but that's quite the unbelievable statement.

I think you're almost certainly colder than most of the population if you're confirming Toronto is correct in what he's suggesting. And somewhat deficient in empathy and compassion.

He was clearly taking the piss out of Marwood. It was unfortunate that the woman was copied on the email but I tend to think that her assertion that 'When I opened my emails and saw the message, it was the worst day of my life, even worse than being diagnosed with cancer,' is worthy of at least one raised eyebrow.

I'm pretty confident that my compassion, empathy and support for cancer victims that I know stands up pretty well to TV's faux outrage.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
Cook as an absolute clown... Yes we can do better than faulkner, but Cook certainly isn't the answer!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
Let them all burn...Cook, Scudamore, Gill, Kenyon, Gourlay and their types!

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
Sad day: there's now one less reason for not liking what Man City are doing to football.

I've no doubt that in the fullness of time he'll resurface somewhere, but just like those so-called top managers who in reality would be unable to do the job without a multi-million pound transfer budget and accordingly wouldn't touch, for example, the 2011 version of AVFC, I can't see him Chief-Exec'ing without some other Sheik's sovereign wealth behind the club concerned.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
Another example where the cover up not the crime caused the harm. A simple apology by him once the error was realised and this could have been badged as unfortunated. The consequential dishonesty is what has done him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 01:53:25 AM »

Now unemployed.

He was clearly taking the piss out of Marwood. It was unfortunate that the woman was copied on the email but I tend to think that her assertion that 'When I opened my emails and saw the message, it was the worst day of my life, even worse than being diagnosed with cancer,' is worthy of at least one raised eyebrow.

I'm pretty confident that my compassion, empathy and support for cancer victims that I know stands up pretty well to TV's faux outrage.

no, no VD, you misunderstand. Not outraged in the least, and my post certainly had no element of faux in it. I'm sure you have plenty of empathy and symptahy for cancer victims. I was just pointing out it was a ridiculous post given that we know why Cook had resigned and yet you would welcome him with open arms to Villa Park should the opportunity arise.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:55 AM »
Garry Cook is a ****** of the highest order and on equal terms with Scudamore.

Offline martin

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
I must admit to being one of those people who had no idea of the existence of Garry Cook before all this erupted.

By that I mean that I had a vague idea that Manchester City would probably have someone with a job title like the one that he had, whatever that may have been, and that he would have trousered an enormous salary for doing it, whatever he might have done, and that a lazy owner and a confused football manager may have been disinterested enough in his existence to give him licence to make a tool of himself in the dim twilight zone of 'management responsibilities', wherever they might have resided.

Now, can anyone tell me how Manchester City will be worse off as a result of sacking a bloke whose sole contribution to the club seemed to be sending daft emails to his mate?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »
It was a crass joke between mates, the sort I reckon many of us have made at some point. We've got a whole thread dedicated to celebrity death watch.

The way I read it was taking the piss that she used the word ravaged in an email to the club which does strike me as a bit odd, why couldn't she just say she was ill?

The fact that she's waited 12 months to make it public suggests that she was hoping to use it in negotaiations for her son. Once it was then he had to go but he's only really guilty of messing up his send and forward functions.

Next to no chance of him coming to work for us even if we wanted him, which I hope we don't, he's a blues fan.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »

Now unemployed.

Not another bluenose!

The dam has been breached. If we're willing to take one directly from there after he lead them to relegation twice, we can hardly baulk at taking one who has been instrumental in taking Man City to where they are now during the same period.

There's a big difference between taking an ex-employee and a supporter.

Offline eastie

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
It was a crass joke between mates, the sort I reckon many of us have made at some point. We've got a whole thread dedicated to celebrity death watch.

The way I read it was taking the piss that she used the word ravaged in an email to the club which does strike me as a bit odd, why couldn't she just say she was ill?

The fact that she's waited 12 months to make it public suggests that she was hoping to use it in negotaiations for her son. Once it was then he had to go but he's only really guilty of messing up his send and forward functions.

Next to no chance of him coming to work for us even if we wanted him, which I hope we don't, he's a blues fan.

A perfect summing up of things in my view too.

Offline martin

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
Yes, while in no way wanting this berk at my club trousering fortunes while we have our own berk trousering slightly smaller fortunes for doing the same thing, there does remain an element of sympathy.

While to the outsider the likes of Keys, Gray and Cook may seem like reprehensible twats deserving of all they got, would we really think that losing your job as a result of a crass comment was fair if we worked with them and knew them on a daily basis? Most of us were even willing to cut BFR some slack in the face of some pretty damning evidence.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »

A perfect summing up of things in my view too.

Not far off, but he is rightly in hot water for 2 reasons. 1, the stupidity of trying to claim his account was hacked and then alledgedly lying to said cancer stricken person about the idea that City had found the a culprit and disciplined them when all he needed to go was apologise a great deal to her, and 2, having a history of stupid blunders like this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal