collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again  (Read 14560 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »

Now unemployed.

I'd have him over Faulkner any day.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »
This is the official statement from the MCFC website

Manchester City Football Club announce that the Board led review initiated on Monday of this week, as a response to allegations made to the football club, football authorities and a national newspaper by Dr Anthonia Onuoha, has been concluded.

As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Following the findings of the review, Chief Executive Officer Garry Cook has offered his resignation, which has been accepted with regret by the Board.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak responded to the decision, saying: “Garry has made a remarkable contribution to Manchester City Football Club over the past three years.

“His judgement in this matter should in no way lead to his accomplishments being overlooked. On every level, the club is unrecognisable from the organisation which he inherited and our staff and supporter services, community outreach and commercial activity have seen unparalleled growth under his direction with yet more projects to be realised on the horizon.

“On behalf of Sheikh Mansour and the Board, I would like to thank him for his energy and tireless commitment to serving all those connected with the football club.  He will always be welcome at Manchester City.”

Garry Cook said: “I am privileged to have held my position at Manchester City Football Club and to have experienced the opportunities that it has presented.  The privilege is in part offset however by the significant personal focus which has at times, detracted from the magnificent achievements of those working at the football club.

“It is that factor, together with my error of judgement in this matter that has prompted me to reach this decision, which I believe is in the best interests of the football club.

“I wish Roberto and his team and all of the fans and supportive partners of the Club the very best for exciting times ahead.  I would also like to put on record my unreserved thanks to Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Board and all of the very talented staff at the Club for their support throughout my tenure at Manchester City.  I know the Club will go from strength to strength.”

Whilst the Board commences a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, Director John MacBeath will fulfil the role of temporary CEO, working closely with the Board.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »
So, no apology to Mrs Onouha?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:50:26 PM by Mr Diggles »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

Now unemployed.

Nice. So you'd have a repulsive cretin who takes the piss out of cancer victims over a bloke doing a job that you don't happen to agree with. Faulkner's not the most brilliant chief exec but that's quite the unbelievable statement.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »

Now unemployed.

Not another bluenose!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
So, no apology to Mrs Onouha?

As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »

Now unemployed.

Nice. So you'd have a repulsive cretin who takes the piss out of cancer victims over a bloke doing a job that you don't happen to agree with. Faulkner's not the most brilliant chief exec but that's quite the unbelievable statement.

Now unemployed.

It's like the debate of whether you'd have Joey barton playing for us or not. 

The moral fibre of this club should never be compromised.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »
I have to say it................................. well he is a 'Nose!

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »

Now unemployed.

Not another bluenose!

The dam has been breached. If we're willing to take one directly from there after he lead them to relegation twice, we can hardly baulk at taking one who has been instrumental in taking Man City to where they are now during the same period.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Just out of interest, how influential has he been at Man City?  You could have had Jedward at the helm and they'd still be where they are now with the money they're spending!

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »

Now unemployed.

I'm probably not quite as sensitive a soul as you.

Offline eastie

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
what about his earlier comments about his account being hacked -i take it that was made up bollocks to deflect away from his shameful behaviour?
Good riddance to him!

Offline Ryu

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
--- Quote from: Mr Diggles on Today at 02:48:22 PM ---So, no apology to Mrs Onouha?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: spangley1812 on Today at 02:45:27 PM ---As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.
--- End quote ---

So no apology from Cook.

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »
Good riddance to the 39th game tosser

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
The dam has been breached. If we're willing to take one directly from there after he lead them to relegation twice, we can hardly baulk at taking one who has been instrumental in taking Man City to where they are now during the same period.
Instrumental? I can think of a few billion reasons more instrumental in Man City's emergence than that piece of shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal