collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:45:42 AM]

[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again  (Read 14493 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: 0% Villa - Garry Cook in trouble again
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »
I'm sure Mrs Onuaha is a lovely lady and I hope she beats her illness but is receiving this email really worse than being diagnosed with cancer?

Yes, that did cross my mind too.

Random thought: She got this a while back, wisely decided to sit on it for a while, asked for something for her boy (cut price move away maybe?) and when rebuffed by Mr Cock decided to let those warriors of justice at News International hear about it.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »
Random thought: She got this a while back, wisely decided to sit on it for a while, asked for something for her boy (cut price move away maybe?) and when rebuffed by Mr Cock decided to let those warriors of justice at News International hear about it.

I must admit that was my initial, and rather uncharitable, assessment.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
I'll own up to thinking that too.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 10:15:49 AM »
It's pretty obvious that is what her motivation is, but then it doesn't excuse his vile behaviour. 

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »
Yes it's out of order and whoever wrote it is guilty of real poor taste.However, of those who are truly enraged by it, how many of you laugh at sickipedia or have enjoyed Gary Glitter style jokes? The comments were in poor taste but so is playing it out in the media.

Offline Ryu

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 10:25:22 AM »
I can't imagine man city are going to tread onuoha more favourably because of this. Maybe she didn't go to the press because she didn't want the whole world to see a degrading email about her and has only gone public now because the FA and PL have done precisely nothing about her complaints.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
It's pretty obvious that is what her motivation is, but then it doesn't excuse his vile behaviour. 

Absolutely agree.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
I thought that too, Why wait a year? Having had a loved one have cancer it's horrible receivng an email like that is no way near as bad.

Having said that Cook is a twat

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »

Hold on a moment, his version of events haven't been disproved yet.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »

If you're saying innocent until proven guilty then fair enough, but the bloke still has a masters in twatness.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

If you're saying innocent until proven guilty then fair enough, but the bloke still has a masters in twatness.

Oh yeah, he's definitely an expert twat.  That comment about Kaka being a "bottler" because he didn't want to play for the fantasy 11 should have been enough to have him banished from society.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 11:01:59 AM »
Yes it's out of order and whoever wrote it is guilty of real poor taste.However, of those who are truly enraged by it, how many of you laugh at sickipedia or have enjoyed Gary Glitter style jokes? The comments were in poor taste but so is playing it out in the media.
Sorry, but I don't agree with what you're getting at at all. Unless you have told sickipedia or Gary Glitter style jokes to, say, a victim of paedophilia then comparing the two situations is utterly pointless.

As for this instance, I'm not sure he (even with his mega twattishness acknowledged) would be so callous as to send that to someone in an email. I'd be shocked if he did to be honest. If it is proven to have been sent by him, then he should be sacked, no question.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »
Sorry, but I don't agree with what you're getting at at all. Unless you have told sickipedia or Gary Glitter style jokes to, say, a victim of paedophilia then comparing the two situations is utterly pointless.

As for this instance, I'm not sure he (even with his mega twattishness acknowledged) would be so callous as to send that to someone in an email. I'd be shocked if he did to be honest. If it is proven to have been sent by him, then he should be sacked, no question.

According to the newspaper report the email sent to Dr Onuha in error and was supposed to be sent to Brian Marwood.Maybe the analogy wasn't great but i can't see anyone actually finding cancer amusing in the same way there's nothing amusing about paedophilia.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »

In The Sun Manchester City embarrassment Garry Cook is "fighting for his job" today over the email to Nedum Onuoha's mum, an email The Sun is still describing as "sent from his account".

On this note The Mill would just like to suggest that we all remember that Garry is as much the victim here as anyone else. And also that perhaps some kind of government taskforce should be set up into this new kind of "hacking", a specially targeted kind of e-crime whereby hackers access your account, compose an email that is convincingly written in something that sounds like your own voice; and which is offensive – but not too offensive to give the game away; and then having bothered to go to the trouble of accessing your account send just one private message. Plus they're also clever enough to remember to make it look like an email sent in error to the wrong person.

The cunning of these cyber criminals knows no bounds. They must have sat down and really thought very hard about how to make it look exactly like you'd sent the email yourself in error, having added the wrong person to the "send" field, in the middle of a private banter session with Brian Marwood. Amazing really. But of course there's no way that could have actually happened because Cook says he was "hacked" and The Mill feels sure a member of his private staff will be produced to admit that, yes indeed, they did hack his email and have now been brought to justice.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 01:10:48 PM »
Cock of the highest order.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal