collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What is it about Emile Heskey?  (Read 23827 times)

Offline brice jovial

Re: What is it about Emile Heskey?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Terrible, Brice. But not bad.

its a joke that he looks like lenny henry sorrie i remove it
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:48:59 PM by brice jovial »

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »
Terrible, Brice. But not bad.

I'm surprised Emile has said he wants to continue playing for as long as possible .. I always thought he had a great TV career ahead of him I mean hes realy good on those Premier Inn commercials ;D

Okay, that one might be a bit racist.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
I think the reason managers/fellow pros seem to like him is because he's no bother and seems to do as he's told. This  is also probably the same reason so many fans don't take to him. He's an uber-safe option, so safe in fact that the vast majority of the time he doesn't even bother trying to ruffle feathers by doing something as outrageous as scoring or even looking dangerous going forward. Much better to put in a good, honest, anonymous shift while hoping the team doesn't lose and one of your more talented team mates does the important work.

He's clearly not a completely talentless player or his deficiencies would be even more apparent but personally I am dumbfounded he has managed to carve out a PL career for so long and disappointed we've been the ones who allowed him to do so for the last 2 1/2 years. As for the poster who said he's been one of our better players since he joined you've got to be joking. He scored a good goal on his debut & played well for a couple of games when GH came in before getting crocked. And that's about it.

Offline evalast1910

• GM : 29.02.2016
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
My dads brother in law, who has lived up in Boro for a good 35years, knows a lot of the boro players, he's had a few pubs around there! And one of his mates is really good friends with SD! They asked him one night who is your favourite player to play with, yes you guessed in He'sKey! - When thinking about it, he does all the "dog" work that no one else wants to do...

Offline Monty

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
My dads brother in law, who has lived up in Boro for a good 35years, knows a lot of the boro players, he's had a few pubs around there! And one of his mates is really good friends with SD! They asked him one night who is your favourite player to play with, yes you guessed in He'sKey! - When thinking about it, he does all the "dog" work that no one else wants to do...

Well colour me surprised that Downing likes playing with someone who does all the work.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
I think the biggest mystery is that he is / always has been built like the proverbial brick shithouse yet goes down quicker than a Thai whore. You would have thought that the size of him he would be swatting defenders off him like wasps at a picnic

Occasionally he heads the ball tremendously well (The winner at Wolves last year was a classic CF headed goal) other times its like he has an angular head

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
I think we need to put Bannan or Albrighton in the team ahead of Heskey we look better when that happens we could have Heskey coming off the bench which would make the opposition think about changing there tactics.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »
I like him a lot, Seems a real genuinely good guy. However, despite being one of our best performers in recent weeks, he'd never make my starting XI.

If he could finish he'd be incredible, but he can't, so he isn't. Players like playing with him because he puts enough effort in for two players, that's why he's so fucked in the second half.

His ideal position in the squad, for me, is a second half substitute when we're winning.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
He's unfashionable so a lot of people either will not admit that he does a decent job in case their mates take the piss or are too clueless to even notice.

The attention he receives from defenders guarantees that Gabby and Bent will have more space to work in. I wouldn't have him in the team every week but there are certain games when we're better off with him there.

Offline Monty

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
He's unfashionable so a lot of people either will not admit that he does a decent job in case their mates take the piss or are too clueless to even notice.

The attention he receives from defenders guarantees that Gabby and Bent will have more space to work in. I wouldn't have him in the team every week but there are certain games when we're better off with him there.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone can accuse me of being fashionable (at least, not after the 'we should sign Lucas' kerfuffle), and I still don't think he's good enough for the Villa. Sure he receives attention from defenders, but someone like Bannan occupies both midfield and defence and blurs the lines, causing all sorts of problems. Also, you say he creates space for Bent, but Bent has clearly suffered from having Heskey behind him as opposed to Ash last season.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »
I was more referring to the idiots at the ground who even when he scores have to mock him.

I accept that he's not as good as Ashley Young but in what have been fairly physical games so far he's shouldered much of the burden. I want to see Bannan given more involvement but as I've said elsewhere I'm concerned about an Albrighton like dip in form and confidence if too much is asked of him at this stage.

Offline IRISHPHIL

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »
i think heskey plays mainly because of his height, as other midfielders not tall, also warnock and luke young not at heading.
if you notice set pieces it was heskey given man marking job

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
He is a strange player. His touch on to, and laying off for others is admirable. However, first his touch when it comes to setting himself up, especially in front of goal is quite poor. How many goals has he scored whilst ending up on his rear end? Simply because his first touch was so inadequate, to get a shot in he has to overstretch. You only have to look at the game against Blackburn for examples of this. 

That said, as an advanced midfielder, he hasn't really done much wrong for us this season. Perhaps the above explains why he may be more suited to this position than as a striker.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 05:30:46 PM »
I have always rated him and I have said so before on other threads, he isnt the best player in the world but he will do what he is told.Due to his size he is a easy target for people to moan at him. He may well get a new contract if he accepts a wage reduction

Offline glasses

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »
I have always rated him and I have said so before on other threads, he isnt the best player in the world but he will do what he is told.Due to his size he is a easy target for people to moan at him. He may well get a new contract if he accepts a wage reduction
This arguement for Heskey is so lame. Im not the best player in the world, and I'd do as im told in a Villa shirt. Im about the same build as Heskey too. Im shit though, and so is he.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal