collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by Baldy
[Today at 08:02:49 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by KNVillan
[Today at 07:58:57 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 07:50:45 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Mister E
[Today at 07:49:10 AM]

Liverpool by johnc
[Today at 07:48:11 AM]

MOTD by ChicagoLion
[Today at 07:34:31 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What is it about Emile Heskey?  (Read 23814 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: What is it about Emile Heskey?
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
I know Monty, it's just Villanation seems to want to discredit his achievements as they were achieved as part of a 'team', in an effort to back up his point.

You're both right though, of course, because in that team and at that time he was clearly able to contribute a lot. Right now, though, I don't think the same applies.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but I think it's interesting that O'Neill *spits*, Houllier and now McLeish don't seem to agree with that.

True, though it's notable that Heskey was dropped to the bench largely after Bent was bought. It appears that Houllier regarded him as a squad player more than a definite starter.

I think he mugged himself getting sent off against Sunderland. That 3 game ban came as we signed Bent, our form picked up and he was out in the cold.

Offline glasses

Re: What is it about Emile Heskey?
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
I know Monty, it's just Villanation seems to want to discredit his achievements as they were achieved as part of a 'team', in an effort to back up his point.

You're both right though, of course, because in that team and at that time he was clearly able to contribute a lot. Right now, though, I don't think the same applies.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but I think it's interesting that O'Neill *spits*, Houllier and now McLeish don't seem to agree with that.

True, though it's notable that Heskey was dropped to the bench largely after Bent was bought. It appears that Houllier regarded him as a squad player more than a definite starter.

I think he mugged himself getting sent off against Sunderland. That 3 game ban came as we signed Bent, our form picked up and he was out in the cold.

Oh yeah, thats the game where he hit the bar from two yards and got himself sent off for acting the ******. Still, as long as he works hard and holds the ball up, eh...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal