collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thank God He's Not Our Owner.  (Read 8443 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Thank God He's Not Our Owner.
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:04:58 AM »
After all the stick Randy has been getting in the last few months for trying to set the club back on a sound financial footing and some of the calls for him to sell up.
Just look at the type of person we could have ruining our club.
Sorry can't do short links. :-[

Full Monty
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:18:47 AM by Legion »

Offline gervilla

Re: Thank God He's Not Our Owner.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
Classy.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
I don't see the harm in it myself, we've all done it

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
I don't see why the Geordies are so anti-Ashley. I mean, look at that physique - he's the spit of many of their fans.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 09:44:29 AM »

Amazes me how the Papers will report people that are in the public eye do stuff like this when they are pissed, and people then get on their high horses about how they shouldn't do it, despite the fact that loads of non-celeb people have done this for years and it's "just for laughs". A bit like with Prince Harry in the nightclub during the week.

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »

Amazes me how the Papers will report people that are in the public eye do stuff like this when they are pissed, and people then get on their high horses about how they shouldn't do it, despite the fact that loads of non-celeb people have done this for years and it's "just for laughs". A bit like with Prince Harry in the nightclub during the week.

Not wanting to get too political.... but Prince Harry is an heir to the throne. He has an obligation to not make himself look like a twat in public.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
It's all very well saying "we've all done it" and yes my hand goes up on that. But we don't all own football clubs or large businesses where you are supposed to lead by example.
Is it no wonder that some of their players seemed to think it was ok to get pissed and act like a moron in public.?
And those of you who don't mind this sort of thing, if that was Randy I bet you'd all be on here ranting about the dignity of the club being lost, and that our owner shouldn't behave like that.   
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:58:16 AM by The Laughing Policeman »

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
When people in Britain are struggling to make ends meet then you see this idiot pissing 2g up a wall in his pants while he bleeds a proud football club dry, I imagine the Geordies will be as excited about this as when Shefki Kuqi signed. They're just apathetic towards him now nothing they can do to get rid and are just waiting for a freak yachting accident or similar.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
It's all very well saying "we've all done it" and yes my hand goes up on that. But we don't all own football clubs or large businesses where you are supposed to lead by example.
Is it no wonder that some of their players seemed to think it was ok to get pissed and act like a moron in public.?
And those of you who don't mind this sort of thing, if that was Randy I bet you'd all be on here ranting about the dignity of the club being lost, and that our owner shouldn't behave like that.   
It would be nice to anything of Randy,good or bad.This game of hide and seek with the media is getting very tedious  and boring.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »
When people in Britain are struggling to make ends meet then you see this idiot pissing 2g up a wall in his pants while he bleeds a proud football club dry, I imagine the Geordies will be as excited about this as when Shefki Kuqi signed. They're just apathetic towards him now nothing they can do to get rid and are just waiting for a freak yachting accident or similar.

Oh come on, he was out on the piss with his mates. You have to allow him a bit of slack surely, the slack wanker?

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
They've got EXACTLY the kind of owner they all deserve, absolutely hilarious. They all thought he was great when he was standing on the terraces with them.

Online nigel

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »
It would be nice to anything of Randy,good or bad.This game of hide and seek with the media is getting very tedious  and boring.

I feel sorry for Randy what ever he does he can't win with some!!
Laughing Policeman's right, If he was doing this sort of thing supporters would be up in arms. Quite right too, in my opinion.
And because he's not, he's playing "Hide & Seek".  Increadible!!
Remember, we could have had Carson Yung??
Becareful what you wish for!!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 11:10:30 AM »

I feel sorry for Randy what ever he does he can't win with some!!
Laughing Policeman's right, If he was doing this sort of thing supporters would be up in arms. Quite right too, in my opinion.
And because he's not, he's playing "Hide & Seek".  Increadible!!
Remember, we could have had Carson Yung??
Becareful what you wish for!!

Yes that's the reason we are getting turned over in the press day after day.
If Randy came round your house and shit through your letterbox you would thank him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
No comparison really. Randy is a very different character.
Ashley is bigger than life and he has made his money doing the things he does. His staff love him and  yes he did pay the bill.
It was a party with all his workers. Nothing to do with any one else. I wish the papers would keep their nose out of it or more to the point the disloyal  bastard who sent the pictures to them  but was quite happy to enjoy his money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal