collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 10:51:16 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:37:12 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:36:44 PM]

NSWE Investment by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 10:36:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 10:33:16 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 10:27:37 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sick of Sky 'Experts' trashing Villa!  (Read 17531 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Sick of Sky 'Experts' trashing Villa!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
Anyone see Pooneys comments before the game yesterday that Ashley Young and Phil Jones have emerged on the international scene this season? Has he completely ignored his time at Villa?
Also on talkshite some brain dead scouser came on the radio and said that Ashley Youngs only become good since he's been working with a good striker, does Darren Bent not count?

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
Didn't hear all of the comment but thought Alan Smith made a good reference to Villa in relation to Cahill's goal against the Blues.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »
If you want to watch a Villa player/Villa players playing international football, the Scotland game kicks off at 3.

Is Bannan anywhere near the first team?  If he's playing I'll definitely have a watch.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »
Hutton starts, Bannan's on the bench. He's unfortunate in that he plays in roughly the same position as crowd/media darling Charlie Adam.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
It is a shame we don't keep quality english players in Villa park as their head get turned. It is about time all the england players want to move to Villa Park instead to improve their England career. Instead of chasing money and champions league football.

Imagine a team

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Dunne/Collins Warnock, Downing, Milner, Jenas, Young, Gardner and Bent

Have the media always hate us I want to know about the before WWII, 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
I think the national media's coverage of football before World War Two was too limited for any pro/anti-Villa bias to creep in. Most Villa fans would probably have brought the Sports Argus for a Villa fix which would've been pro-Villa as that was best suited to its market.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
Any idea where the hatred for Villa started

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
Anyone see Pooneys comments before the game yesterday that Ashley Young and Phil Jones have emerged on the international scene this season? Has he completely ignored his time at Villa?
Also on talkshite some brain dead scouser came on the radio and said that Ashley Youngs only become good since he's been working with a good striker, does Darren Bent not count?

The Rooney comments are true in respect of them emerging this season.  They were bit part players at the very most last year.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
I think the national media's coverage of football before World War Two was too limited for any pro/anti-Villa bias to creep in. Most Villa fans would probably have brought the Sports Argus for a Villa fix which would've been pro-Villa as that was best suited to its market.

The Berlin Evening Mail in the thirties wasn't as biased as the local papers were towards the Villa before the war.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:34 PM »

I would say it's less of a hatred of Villa, more a realisation from everyone outside B6 that we are now a 2nd tier Premier League club who will develop players but not keep them when they attract interest from 5 or 6 clubs in the top tier.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »

They don't hate us. They just don't care about us or another 85 clubs.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »

The Berlin Evening Mail in the thirties wasn't as biased as the local papers were towards the Villa before the war.

It would have been much better under the Nazi's. For one I wouldn't have been around to "suffer" this pain!

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 12:23:47 PM »
The media don't hate us.  When we had 4 players in the team they commented on it; yesterday we had none, so they're not going to mention us. 

As for Young and Downing and their new employers, it is rather too early to make any sweeping judgements.  However, the former's career will in all likelihood kick on and I think we will just have to get used to him being lauded in the media.  He's no longer the big fish and working for a manager who simultaneously encourages the sort of football that Ashley thrives on, whilst not allowing name players to rest on their laurels. 

On the other hand, the jury's still out on Downing.  As far as I can see, he's simply carrying on where he left off last season where, lest we forget, he was our most consistent attacking player.  However, as we saw in his first season with us, he is a confidence player and if, for whatever reason, he loses that confidence, he can quite easily become a passenger.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »
Roll on AH giving him (SD) a good dumping over the sideline and then perhaps his confidence will diminish

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »

It would have been much better under the Nazi's. For one I wouldn't have been around to "suffer" this pain!

It would all be about Shalke if Gerry had taken over.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal