collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carling Cup Prices and seating  (Read 10384 times)

Offline luke25

Re: Carling Cup Prices and seating
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Leeds closed the top tear of that big stand they have while they were in league 2 (it may still be closed now, Im not sure) thus forcing fans to go to other parts of the ground and it always looked full on the tv, a good move by the club as there's nothing worse than playing infront of scattered fans.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
Just recieved notification that the upper Trinity will be closed again for the Bolton match..

"In the interests of providing a greater atmosphere pitch-side and to allow supporters to get behind the team more vocally..."

Or translated...

"We are expected a low attendance and want to save cash by not opening parts of the ground that will be pretty empty..."

Prices are starting at £5 for adults and £5 kids

Thats a good price if you ask me takes me back to the late 80's early 90's pricing perhaps we should dress and have the music to match that price period!
Not too keen on the 80's,90's theme.
Now if they were to go back to the late 60's early 70's prices and charged ten bob to get into The Holte End. I'd quite happily turn up in tank top, flares and platform boots and to add that touch of authenticity I'd tie my scarf round my wrist. 8)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
Can't moan at the prices on offer seem's good value let's hope we put on a star performance to match the prices.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »
I reckon we'll hit 30k with prices that cheap.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 04:24:37 PM »
Sorry but this is crazy, the maximum price they should be charging season ticket holders for this game anywhere in the ground is £10.  This is a classic opportunity to encourage season ticket holders to bring along guests but this pricing policy does nothing to encourage this.  As a season ticket holder in the centre lower trinity I am not prepared to pay £15 for me and £15 for my 17 year old son and the cost of the petrol to drive to and from Sheffield to attend this match.  If the ticket price was £10 or better still £8 then I would likely be there and be bringing along my daughter and her boyfriend and their £20 in ticket revenue into the club plus whatever they might spend on programmes food and drink.  Do Aston Villa have a Commercial Manager because if they do they do not seem to understand how to motivate people to spend cash.  Please Please Aston Villa show your loyal season ticket holders that you really do appreciate them.  To not incentivise season ticket holders over non season ticket holders for this fixture is commercial madness and makes no sense at all.  By the way I was absent from the Hereford game for exactly the same reasons.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:27:14 PM by mr-villa »

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »
As a season ticket holder, without further incentives there's no point busting a gut to attend this fixture.  If we do get to Wembley, based on the number of season tickets sold this season (around 21K I beleive) your not going to need to have attended any Carling Cup fixtures to be guaranteed a Final's ticket are you?

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
Leeds closed the top tear of that big stand they have while they were in league 2 (it may still be closed now, Im not sure) thus forcing fans to go to other parts of the ground and it always looked full on the tv, a good move by the club as there's nothing worse than playing infront of scattered fans.

Can;t stand Leeds, but they were never in League 2

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »
Sorry but this is crazy, the maximum price they should be charging season ticket holders for this game anywhere in the ground is £10.  This is a classic opportunity to encourage season ticket holders to bring along guests but this pricing policy does nothing to encourage this.  As a season ticket holder in the centre lower trinity I am not prepared to pay £15 for me and £15 for my 17 year old son and the cost of the petrol to drive to and from Sheffield to attend this match.  If the ticket price was £10 or better still £8 then I would likely be there and be bringing along my daughter and her boyfriend and their £20 in ticket revenue into the club plus whatever they might spend on programmes food and drink.  Do Aston Villa have a Commercial Manager because if they do they do not seem to understand how to motivate people to spend cash.  Please Please Aston Villa show your loyal season ticket holders that you really do appreciate them.  To not incentivise season ticket holders over non season ticket holders for this fixture is commercial madness and makes no sense at all.  By the way I was absent from the Hereford game for exactly the same reasons.

The away team have to agree to any price lower than £15 IIRC. And you mention £10.00 anywhere would tempt you, well that's what it was vs Hereford, and what it is for the majority of the ground for this game so you could just sit somewhere in the ground where it is a tenner surely?

Offline luke25

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »

Can;t stand Leeds, but they were never in League 2
You are indeed correct, I just remember one hek of a decline and presumed they'd dropped to league 2 at one point.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
Better atmosphere my arse!
Why do the marketing graduates that seem to run football nowadays think we're all stupid - just be honest with us, we don't mind. If they'd come out and said they're not opening the Upper Trinity as a low gate is expected and its makes good economical sense not to do so, then surely that's a good enough reason - particularly if that meant keeping the tickets prices down.

As for Leeds closing their upper tier - Ken Bates actually came out and told fans it was because it wasn't worth the cost required for the safety certificate needed, but they'd consider paying it if they reached the stage where the rest of the ground was being sold out. Which they did do eventually.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
Let's hope we can sing 'Hi Ho Aston Villa' at the end of the match!
Maybe Dave Chance can do his rendition of "You'll never walk alone" that will get the place rocking.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »
I reckon we'll struggle to get much more than the Hereford game. Bolton will bring a lot less than they did.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
The away team have to agree to any price lower than £15 IIRC. And you mention £10.00 anywhere would tempt you, well that's what it was vs Hereford, and what it is for the majority of the ground for this game so you could just sit somewhere in the ground where it is a tenner surely?
It was £12 in the Lower Trinity for the Hereford game.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
Wasnt it £10.00 for the ticket and a £2.00 booking fee ???

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
Wasnt it £10.00 for the ticket and a £2.00 booking fee ???
No, it was £12 for the ticket.  We're in the cup scheme and don't pay a booking fee.  For some reason they lump us in with the more expensive seats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal