collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hutton & Jenas set to sign.  (Read 70113 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Hutton & Jenas set to sign.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Welcome aboard to the pair of them.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »
Neither would have been anywhere near the top of my list but there's a logic to both of them.
I can't see any logic at all in getting rid of Makoun and bringing in Jenas to replace him.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:23 PM »
Like everything thats happened this summer these signings are distinctly underwhelming

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:59:24 PM »
I think both are good signings. With the squad as light as it is, we needed a good central midfielder with experience, and Jenas is a good player, snobbery says he is not but I think he will prove a really good move. Hutton if he gets his Rangers or Scotland form could be a bargain, and he has a decent shot on him.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »
The sort of signings I expected from this board after they employed this manager.......... 12 out 4 in 2 of which on loan = Tidy profit for Lerner.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
Neither would have been anywhere near the top of my list but there's a logic to both of them.
I can't see any logic at all in getting rid of Makoun and bringing in Jenas to replace him.

You don't see any logic in bringing in an experienced PL player to replace one who has yet to settle and who only 8 days ago failed to impose himself against Hereford? In an ideal world we'd have kept him and given him another few mo this to find his feet but it's not an ideal world and we've got Bannan, Delph and Ireland to settle in so it's nice to have one who is ready now.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »
I think both are good signings. With the squad as light as it is, we needed a good central midfielder with experience, and Jenas is a good player, snobbery says he is not but I think he will prove a really good move. Hutton if he gets his Rangers or Scotland form could be a bargain, and he has a decent shot on him.
My exact thoughts

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »

They may prove to be fruitful, but we were short of players anyway, and they are only replacing what we shipped out this week.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
My exact thoughts

And me.

Well done to the admin as well, signing three on the last day.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
We need a right back, so Hutton will fill that slot.  Jenas is an injury-prone enigma who, in my opinion, has a lot to do to prove his worth.  I just don't see what he offers over those we already have.

Offline pr_N'villa

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »
The sort of signings I expected from this board after they employed this manager.......... 12 out 4 in 2 of which on loan = Tidy profit for Lerner.

Only 1 player is on loan, 3 have been signed permanently!

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
Hutton offers us more going forward than Young but is probably not as good a defender. However, since he's significantly younger it looks like good business.

Although Jenas has struggled to push on from the potential of his early career he is far from 'rubbish' as some have described him. You don't get awarded young player of the year for being rubbish. If he can return to the player of old he'll be an asset.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »

Rubbish. Maybe it'll help pay off some of the debt we owe him, hardly profit.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
Remeber when we signed Carew and Young? All those jokes about Carew's being bigger than Young's! Laptop that is.Those were the days,changed the team completely.Hutton has been on loan to Sunderland and erm...had 11 appearances,if he was any good surely they would have wanted him,so would Spurs.

Sunderland did want Hutton at the time, but wouldn't meet Spurs valuation. Spurs paid £9 million for him in '08. He's a good player, makes me wonder what some people expect from a full back?? 15-20 goals a season?

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

They may prove to be fruitful, but we were short of players anyway, and they are only replacing what we shipped out this week.

I think this all leaves us with a squad of 23 first team players. We haven't replaced the quality of Ashley Young, but otherwise....we're about the same as we were, I'd say, minus a lot of superfluous players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal