collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Owen Hargreaves  (Read 10528 times)

Offline Vanilla

Re: Owen Hargreaves
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 01:12:42 AM »
So much for his chances of playing CL football and 40 games per season then...so it'll be Carling Cup appearances and nice looking bank balance for Mr.Hargreaves.

Saw an interview with him last night where he claimed his decision was largely based on not having the upheavel of moving from his settled home in Manchester...not exactly the kind of committment you'd expect from a player hoping to get 40 games under his belt if he cant even be arsed to move house!

He must have had some offers from 'smaller' clubs, but were probably pay as you play offers. I suppose he has a decent wage at Man City, but says a lot about him if he wishes to sit in the stands and 'earn' these wages rather than proves his worth on the pitch.
So the most injured player in the world wants to take advantage of the richest club in the world for his final contract before he retires rather than wasting his time in West Brom's reserves?

What a c***.

Certainly wouldn't turn down the cash myself, but I'm sure he's not destitute. His PR videos were to prove he still had it as a footballer, not a seat warmer. If he just wanted a pay packet for 12 months, then why not go and play MLS, where the football is not as strenuous. 

And the wages are 3% as much as he would otherwise be earning?

(considering Guzan increased his wages by approximately 800% when he joined us)

Guzan wasn't a big draw there though I assume. I'm sure wages for prominent (or not so prominent) players must be half decent. Beckham, Henry, and even Robbie Keane must be getting something equivalent to their Euro league wages. I agree that if it it's just the money, he is in the right place and good luck to him (he has his some medals at least).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal