collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Owen Hargreaves  (Read 10513 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Owen Hargreaves
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »
... i think he will be hungry and very hungry to prove himself against some of the best

You could say the same about another former England shoe-in; Jenas.

We simply don't know how these players will perform.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

The scar on his knees are a little unsettling.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
Which knee - one on both from what I can see!

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
Ugh, those scars give me the chills. Can't believe he's at city, what a waste of a waste.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
And left out of the Champions League squad.

Offline KRS

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
So much for his chances of playing CL football and 40 games per season then...so it'll be Carling Cup appearances and nice looking bank balance for Mr.Hargreaves.

Saw an interview with him last night where he claimed his decision was largely based on not having the upheavel of moving from his settled home in Manchester...not exactly the kind of committment you'd expect from a player hoping to get 40 games under his belt if he cant even be arsed to move house!

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 12:29:12 AM »
So much for his chances of playing CL football and 40 games per season then...so it'll be Carling Cup appearances and nice looking bank balance for Mr.Hargreaves.

Saw an interview with him last night where he claimed his decision was largely based on not having the upheavel of moving from his settled home in Manchester...not exactly the kind of committment you'd expect from a player hoping to get 40 games under his belt if he cant even be arsed to move house!

He must have had some offers from 'smaller' clubs, but were probably pay as you play offers. I suppose he has a decent wage at Man City, but says a lot about him if he wishes to sit in the stands and 'earn' these wages rather than proves his worth on the pitch.

Compare that to Given who actually wanted to be getting his hand dirty when at kick off.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 12:38:53 AM »

He must have had some offers from 'smaller' clubs, but were probably pay as you play offers. I suppose he has a decent wage at Man City, but says a lot about him if he wishes to sit in the stands and 'earn' these wages rather than proves his worth on the pitch.
So the most injured player in the world wants to take advantage of the richest club in the world for his final contract before he retires rather than wasting his time in West Brom's reserves?

What a ******.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 12:46:06 AM »

So the most injured player in the world wants to take advantage of the richest club in the world for his final contract before he retires rather than wasting his time in West Brom's reserves?

What a c***.

Certainly wouldn't turn down the cash myself, but I'm sure he's not destitute. His PR videos were to prove he still had it as a footballer, not a seat warmer. If he just wanted a pay packet for 12 months, then why not go and play MLS, where the football is not as strenuous. 

Offline villan1975

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
... i think he will be hungry and very hungry to prove himself against some of the best

You could say the same about another former England shoe-in; Jenas.

We simply don't know how these players will perform.
Difference being it was not injuries that kept jenas from playing it was opportunities.
Owen Hargreaves may well have a lot to prove but it is his body and its weakness that will mean he plays a handful of games before breaking down.On a personal note I hope he takes as much money as possible under false pretences of being a footballer out of man shitty as he did out of manure.

Online Dave

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »

What a c***.

Certainly wouldn't turn down the cash myself, but I'm sure he's not destitute. His PR videos were to prove he still had it as a footballer, not a seat warmer. If he just wanted a pay packet for 12 months, then why not go and play MLS, where the football is not as strenuous. 

And the wages are 3% as much as he would otherwise be earning?

(considering Guzan increased his wages by approximately 800% when he joined us)

Offline villan1975

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »
I am sure manure fans would be disgusted with his antics of joining their nearest rivals after collecting a huge wage for 4 years if they believed he was able to play again but he will not play a significant role so they do not give a shit.

Online Dave

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 12:56:38 AM »
I am sure manure fans would be disgusted with his antics of joining their nearest rivals after collecting a huge wage for 4 years if they believed he was able to play again but he will not play a significant role so they do not give a shit.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense,

But if Man Utd fans are upset, why exactly does it matter?

Offline villan1975

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »
He has basically shown himself to be a Stewart Downing.....
There is nothing lower.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »
What is so difficult to understand?He left manure as a free agent after earning over a hundred thousand pounds a week for them,he played how many games?My point is manure fans are not bothered even though he has joined their rivals for the very fact he is a busted flush.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal