collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Owen Hargreaves  (Read 10532 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Owen Hargreaves
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »
Man City signed Hargreaves primarily because they didn't want a rival club to have him. Nobody looked at Manchester City's squad a week ago and said to themselves 'You know who would really fit in? Owen Hargreaves.'
I don't think that West Brom, Leicester or (potentially) us would really be seem as a rival club to Man City.

We play in the same league (aside from Leicester) and could potentially take points off them. Anything that aids them in pursuit of their first PL title will be attempted.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 11:41:38 PM »
Do you not think that him running up and down and moving around a lot was not happening in training at Manure. It is completely different when you take the pitch

Offline willywombat

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:58 AM »
IMO, Hargreaves will prove to be the signing of this transfer window, I don't see he's gone to Man City to warm the bench, i think he will be hungry and very hungry to prove himself against some of the best and it was Man City that gave him that chance.

Couple of months from now you you will be seeing him being touted for the England squad. wait and see.

He would have been brilliant for Villa and very savvy business if we had been bothered.

Alternatively, he'll make two sustitute appearances before bits start falling off and he'll never be seen again

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 06:36:01 AM »
I find this a strange move with all there midfield talent that thay have got where and when he gets a game is anybodys guess.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 06:43:31 AM »
Not sure why you're disappointed in Hargreaves. He's done nothing wrong. He was without a club and Man City have offered him a contract. Can't see a problem myself.

Because a week ago he was desperate to prove his fitness and play again.

Rightly or wrongly i'd say that he has the self belief that he will be a first team regular.Money, no need for relocation and the chance to win something means that it's the perfect move for the player.Oh and anything that upsets United fans get my approval.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:46 AM »
Citeh are an example of what's wrong with pro sports these days.  F*ck Citeh and Chelsea - they are going to wreck football.  Is there no one around to stand up to them in the media?  Alex Ferguson ????? 

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »
Bu
Man City signed Hargreaves primarily because they didn't want a rival club to have him. Nobody looked at Manchester City's squad a week ago and said to themselves 'You know who would really fit in? Owen Hargreaves.'
I don't think that West Brom, Leicester or (potentially) us would really be seem as a rival club to Man City.

We play in the same league (aside from Leicester) and could potentially take points off them. Anything that aids them in pursuit of their first PL title will be attempted.

We could potentially take points off their rivals also. So surely that evens things out.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
You could just see him getting the points that win manc city the league over Manure ...

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32:39 PM »
IMO, Hargreaves will prove to be the signing of this transfer window, I don't see he's gone to Man City to warm the bench, i think he will be hungry and very hungry to prove himself against some of the best and it was Man City that gave him that chance.

Couple of months from now you you will be seeing him being touted for the England squad. wait and see.

He would have been brilliant for Villa and very savvy business if we had been bothered.

Alternatively, he'll make two sustitute appearances before bits start falling off and he'll never be seen again

Agree

it's one thing running around some cones and other playing a competitive game.

Fuck me the bloke has hardly played for 3 years but all of a sudden he's going to be a reincarnation of Bobby Charlton.

A bit like the people on here who suggest Michael owen would be a good signing "if we could keep him fit"

A bit like jenas now being this wonder midfielder when last week we all though he was a twat

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »
Who's called him a wonder midfielder then?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
US did then

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »
A bit like jenas now being this wonder midfielder when last week we all though he was a twat

Except of course nobody has said that.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
In fairness I am pretty sure I've called him a twat before.

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
You calling him a wonder midfielder now?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
You calling him a wonder midfielder now?

If it'll get me in the sack with his missus, then yes I am!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:36:38 PM by John M'Zog »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal