collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov not good enough  (Read 24760 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Petrov not good enough
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »
Petrov has been very good since about February. He's been solid & worked his balls off. So he's a bit slow, has he ever been quick?

Offline brice jovial

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »
Hei i created a thread so such thoughts on villa players could be discussed so can i point this out. Rather than creating a new thread check out forum rules which i have recently read.
Maybe we shud move this thread as it makes more sense to use my thread. 

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »

Don't get me wrong I ain't come on here to slate him I just feel that bannan would do a better job.
They play different roles and have different jobs.

Bannan should be in the team doing Heskey's job, with Petrov behind him.

Totally agree Dave.

Also I think Petrov has had a very good start to the season.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:01:00 AM by asgpaul »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
Its all about getting the balance right, but Petrov is not strong enough defensively to play with the attack minded players we have in midfield with him at the moment. Play with 3 in the middle and he'd be a good balance with a Bannan or Delph further forward, and someone doing what Reo Coker used to do, albeit a better version.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
Is Heskeys pass rate still under 50% ?

Offline brice jovial

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Why do people deem necessary to create a thread when there is a perfectly fine one in place already . They can add thoughts on players and formation this season and follow progress. So can i ask poster why he created a petrov is not good enough thread? In fact he s been good this season. Anyway i continue debate on the villa players thread Why do people deem necessary to create a thread when there is a perfectly fine one in place already . They can add thoughts on players and formation this season and follow progress. So can i ask poster why he created a petrov is not good enough thread? In fact he s been good this season. Anyway i continue debate on the villa players thread

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
Its all about getting the balance right, but Petrov is not strong enough defensively to play with the attack minded players we have in midfield with him at the moment. Play with 3 in the middle and he'd be a good balance with a Bannan or Delph further forward, and someone doing what Reo Coker used to do, albeit a better version.
We've conceded one goal in three games so far. Admittedly against some fairly blunt attacks, but for the sort of game we're playing at the moment creativity is the issue. We've been defensively fairly solid.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
For me Bannan and Ireland are options for the 3 supporting roles behind Bent, not the 2 sitting midfield roles, Makoun is the competition for Petrov and Delph and from what I saw of Jean II against Hereford he's not quite at the level of Delph and Petrov just yet.  If Makoun joins Hogg and Young out the door another centre mid is absolutely crucial and if Hargreves is coming fine, but we'd need another one as well in case his legs go.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
Yes OK but he is better than alternatives at the moment. May be later on this season we have Delph and Bannan dominating  the midfield against all comers.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
Petrov has been good so far this season he protects the back four with Delph but I still think we need to see Bannan play for his creativity with Heskey making way.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
Petrov played well on Saturday.

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »
im no great petrov fan but have been very impressed with him in the 3 games so far this season.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
Is Heskeys pass rate still under 50% ?
4% and that's being kind.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
Petrov needs midfield players to help him in midfield, not Emile Heskey.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
I think Petrov has started the season in good form.  I'd just like to see us playing a proper 4-4-2 with Heskey not in the team.

I reckon we'd be in the bottom 6 if we'd tried to play 4-4-2 with the players we have. I'd rather we used Bannan but there's nothing wrong with the formation.

As for Petrov, he's played well in every game so far and we need his knowledge and experience in the side.

Agree with all of that, Chris. The only thing to add is that Petrov obviously  took very good care of himself over the summer and has come back fitter and a bit lighter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal