collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: woeful attendance  (Read 120442 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: woeful attendance
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »
I dont see how any one can criticise fans not turning up, it is the only vote fans have got and they are excercising that vote. Dont blame the fans but look a little more closely at why they are not coming.

Bingo.

Online The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »
So you "don't bother" going down. You "had a feeling". You think "those supporters" have drifted.

And what are you?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
What is the average price of a ticket at Villa now I dont even know.  But let's say it's £30.  Firstly, £30 is a lot of cash during a recession.  Add to that the piss poor fare on offer.  Put it in relative terms.  Compared to say the cost of a cinema ticket there isnt any.  People now think the club are taking the piss literally.  They didnt listen to their customers protests in the summer and went ahead with a frankly pig headed decision to appoint an average manager.  For that decision you can expect average fare and average attendances.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »

nobody likes a part time supporter!

What a stupid comment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »
Apart from two seasons quite recently, the crowds have never been there.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
Look at that ridiculous letter Faulkner sent the other week, for example.
Paulie, what was that letter about?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

nobody likes a part time supporter!

What a stupid comment.
Yep that is in the most stupid comment ever category

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
We have a small fan base in relation to the achievements of the club and this is reflected in the poor to mediocre crowds.

Plenty of smaller clubs in terms of history maintain high attendances through bad times (not that we’re in a bad time at the moment). We on the other hand still had poor attendances even when we were winning the title.

Aint nothing ever going to change that.

I'm pretty sure only Man U and Liverpool had higher average attendances in 80/81. While some of our gates weren't spectacular, I wouldn't say they were poor in the context of the era, which was when attendances all over were starting to drop.

Offline KRS

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
A simple exercise for one of the statos on here...

Compare and contrast attendance figures for all this weekends Premier League fixtures with corresponding fixtures from last season.

This will help to show whether its other factors such as the bank holiday weekend or factors closer to home. Surely Villa fans arent the only ones that go away on bank holidays so if its a trend across the country then it will show in attendance figures. A drop of 8000 is massive and shouldnt be ignored if its isolated to Villa and as a direct consequence of the clubs actions during the summer.

Obviously factors such as 3 home games in a row cant be taken into account by doing this so allow a bit of leighway for that.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
I think the analogy with Alton Towers was more to do with the fact that Alton Towers is a really expensive day out, yet cheaper than Going to Villa park

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »
They could have all been at the 20/20 Finals?  Oh well.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
I think the analogy with Alton Towers was more to do with the fact that Alton Towers is a really expensive day out, yet cheaper than Going to Villa park

Years since I have been to Alton Towers.I bet it takes longer to queue for a ride on the upside down twirly wirly corkscrew thingy than it did for me to get my free pie at the refreshment kiosk today .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:03:13 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »
A simple exercise for one of the statos on here...

Compare and contrast attendance figures for all this weekends Premier League fixtures with corresponding fixtures from last season.

This will help to show whether its other factors such as the bank holiday weekend or factors closer to home. Surely Villa fans arent the only ones that go away on bank holidays so if its a trend across the country then it will show in attendance figures. A drop of 8000 is massive and shouldnt be ignored if its isolated to Villa and as a direct consequence of the clubs actions during the summer.

Obviously factors such as 3 home games in a row cant be taken into account by doing this so allow a bit of leighway for that.

Of the games played today, only our game, Dippers v Bolton and Blackburn v Everton had a corresponding fixture last season. Blackburn was 3K down on last season, i'd take an educated guess that the dippers would be pretty much the same as last seasons i.e. near capacity. 

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
So glory hunters rather than floating fans?

Yeah, let's all queue up and deliver sackful of cash after sackful of cash to the millionaires on the pitch who couldn't give a fuck. I blame the fans too.

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »

Exactly. It's the opportunity cost of the money in your wallet. £120 to entertain a family of 4 over the Bank Holiday. What you going to spend you money on? 90mins that will bore the kids and wife for 90mins or a full day out at Alton Towers.

Guess that makes me an unpopular part time supporter because I'd like to try engage the family in my passion - fact is it can be a bit dull and very very expensive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal