collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The retrenchment of expenses plan and the future of the club  (Read 13534 times)

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: The retrenchment of expenses plan and the future of the club
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »

Why would he invest so much into the club only to sell on at very little, if any, profit? I just doesn't make sense to me.

Because he could have lost a significant proportion of his fortune since he purchased the club?

Online nigel

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »
I can't believe I see these "Randy Out" & "Randy going to sell" comments. (not just you werewolf & Paul)

I wasn't being entirely serious.
That's good to hear werewolf.
Brigade was probably the wrong word to use as it makes it sound like a large number, in reality it's around 10 that I read on the other forums I go on.
There are several posters who regulary slate RL and over the last couple of months I've seen several posts regarding his imminent sale of the club.
I have say I laugh at "imminent sale" rumours as I cannot see any substance in them.
But, I do get a touch cheesed off reading from these idiots who want him out. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
Is there a Randy Out Brigade?
I see a Werewolf taking the piss and a few people who think Randy would sell if someone came up with the right money.
Certainly no Randy Out Brigade anyway.

There are people out there who want Randy out, I have encountered them on t'internet. 

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
What leaves me perplexed is that the sums that you can save with this plan of retrechment of expenses will be about 1/1000000 of the costs that you have for some average players with top player wages like Dunne, Beyč and others.

Thoughts?

Whilst I understand your sentiment, the players you mention are all under contract so they are obligated to continue payments whereas the free programmes etc were given as a goodwill gesture by the club.  What is quite clear is that the club looks like they want to cut the fat/waste at all levels of the club so Beye etc will be gone once the contract situation can be resolved.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »
I can't think of any occasion in all my time of watching Villa when I have ever felt it necessary to get a freebie.

I've always understood the relationship between a fan and a professional football club: We pay in money for which we get to watch football played by people who get paid to do so. At the point where we decide we don't want to do that anymore we stop going. Easy.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
Watch the pennies and the pounds will follow is, I think, the saying we are looking for here

As proved by Luke Young now going!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »
Is there a Randy Out Brigade?
I see a Werewolf taking the piss and a few people who think Randy would sell if someone came up with the right money.
Certainly no Randy Out Brigade anyway.

There are people out there who want Randy out, I have encountered them on t'internet. 

There probably are, there are also people who want us to sell Gabby and others who think Habib Beye was a decent purchase, they are a small minority and in no way deserve the suffix 'brigade'.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
If not to sell but more likely to attract some other investors

I see Randy is now big pals with Warren Buffett. He seems to have a few billion to throw around.

Buffet made $280million just the other day from some shar sales.

Stick it into B6 Warren, you know you want to.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 11:36:57 PM »
Watch the pennies and the pounds will follow is, I think, the saying we are looking for here

As proved by Luke Young now going!

Or you could have penny wise, pound foolish.

Never trust an aphorism.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 01:11:32 AM »
Nomrally when Firms  take these steps it's always to get the  books to an healthy state  for disposal of the  business.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »
I'm not sure you can read too much into this in terms of preparing the business for sale. What you can say for definite (I assume Archie is correct) is that the club has withdrawn these small perks from two groups of people that do more for the club than an average supporter.

Many of the staff are ardent supporters who will want to attend every game, their "salary package" has been reduced, the amounts may not be huge but it is something that will hit the lowest paid hardest.

The Lions club chairman are a group of people who do as much as any to promote the club throughout the world and those type of small perks help them to explain to people who don't know us, why Villa are "special".

I've no idea why a business of the size of AVFC would choose to cut costs in this way but when you see it happening, it's legitimate to wonder why they will have thought it necessary. What is going on in the minds of senior management to make them believe that cutting these miniscule expenses is a good thing to do?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »
I can't think of any occasion in all my time of watching Villa when I have ever felt it necessary to get a freebie.

Me neither. However, I have had freebies from the club.
Free coach travel to Chelsea a few years back for the LC game.
Free vouchers for the club shop when I was temporarily displaced from the old Trinity stand and forced into the Witton lane stand at the opening of one season. I still wear the two tops which I obtained.
And today, with it being a 12.05 kick off I am going to have my "free lunch" at half time. One free pie (worth £3) and one free tea/coffee (£1-80).

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »
I'm not sure you can read too much into this in terms of preparing the business for sale. What you can say for definite (I assume Archie is correct) is that the club has withdrawn these small perks from two groups of people that do more for the club than an average supporter.

Many of the staff are ardent supporters who will want to attend every game, their "salary package" has been reduced, the amounts may not be huge but it is something that will hit the lowest paid hardest.

The Lions club chairman are a group of people who do as much as any to promote the club throughout the world and those type of small perks help them to explain to people who don't know us, why Villa are "special".

I've no idea why a business of the size of AVFC would choose to cut costs in this way but when you see it happening, it's legitimate to wonder why they will have thought it necessary. What is going on in the minds of senior management to make them believe that cutting these miniscule expenses is a good thing to do?

Yeah. I belong to a Lions club in California, and while we don't do much apart from get together to watch matches, the club chairman does devote a good deal of time to organizing that kind of stuff, and he distributes membership cards at his own cost. Seems a real shame that one of the few perks of doing this is being taken away by the club, especially when the amount involved is so small in the context of what some of the players get paid. In fact it's the sort of thing I would have expected from HDE.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 08:18:28 AM »
It should be rembered that players are notbthe only employees. If these efficiency savings means that somebody on the staff keeps their job then it's worthwhile.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
Why should anyone get something for free? Although I've had 2 texts and 2 phonecalls trying to sell me tickets this week. Are they expecting a crap crowd again?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal