collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Fergie breaks BBC ban  (Read 13077 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: 0% Villa - Fergie breaks BBC ban
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
He's a self-serving prick who'd happily put any other club out of business if it meant his godforsaken club could earn an extra pound.

Him and Wenger are as bad as each other, fucking cancers on the game.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »
For all his achievements, and one has to concede that they are pretty impressive, he will never be able to match Graham Taylor.

For all the shit thrown at him as national manager and throughout his career he acted like a gentleman.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
"The documentary suggested that Ferguson's son may not have been the living incarnation of Zeus and that football agents were possibly not the Platonic ideal of probity and honesty." http://tinyurl.com/3p6kekb

Offline mazrimsbruv

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Ferguson said: "It is fantastic. The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united

i thought this was villa?

Villa have supplied the most England players but I think he means the club that has supplied the most international players for any country.

No, he didn't. He clearly says: "...who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world."

'Their' is refering to the FA.

So either A) He's being his usual arrogant prick and assuming this is the case without actually checking the facts, or B) Man Ure have now overtaken us in this respect (possibly because we keep selling our England players) and he's been patiently waiting to trot out this 'fact' like it's been ever the case.

Does anyone know if they have overtaken us? If you google it the only thing that comes up is Wiki Answers where someone answers that it's Aston Villa with 65 players capped for England. I've tried the 'Stats' pages on the FA website but couldn't find it.

I would very much like to know, so I can get on the texts and e-mails to Man Ure fans (and all those who hate them) and expose Ferguson for the cock that he is. (Plus publicise a good bit of PR for the Villa ;))

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team_records

Go get 'em. Can't find the source, but should be enough to be going on with (about 1/4 the way down).

I suspect Sralex would be right if he meant number of caps won....

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »
I can't believe that so much of H&V's bandwidth has been taken up by this mans drink addled paranoid ramblings.
Wish I had the power to attach a "locked" icon.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
According to Aston Villa's Wiki page we have produced 71 players for England.

"As of February 2011, Aston Villa had provided more England internationals than any other club, with 71."

Martin Tyler published the following list in an article he wrote on the Sky Sports website in November 2009.

Top 20 teams providing England internationals (all time):

1. Aston Villa - 68
2. Tottenham - 62
3. Everton - 59
4. Liverpool - 58
5. Man United - 57
6. Arsenal - 54
7. Blackburn - 48
8= Man City, West Brom - 42
10= Chelsea, Sheff Wed - 41
12. Nottingham Forest - 37
13. Derby - 36
14= Sheffield United, West Ham - 35
16= Newcastle, Wolves 33
18. Leeds - 30
19. Middlesbrough - 29
20= Bolton / Southampton - 26

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:45:48 PM by mr-villa »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
He is an arrogant  patronising twat  and I hate  him to the core of his bones. No matter whatever more  he wins he will never be as good as Cloughie and not even close to Paisley.
How has he  "produced" more players for their Country than any other Club in the world?
Their current crop of England players  is mostly purchased.

By the way what was the  4 letter word he used  that Radio Stations are not broadcasting? and is that fitting for a Knight of the Realm?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »
Ferguson, 69, said: "The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world".

That to me means players, not number of caps.  So he's wrong as far as England are concerned and probably wrong for a host of other clubs in their respective countries.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
I read the boycott was because the BBC made a programme about his son in 94, Does anyone remember it because I don't?

From the BBC press release

Quote from: BBC
  • Exposes how Jason Ferguson broke Fifa rules in a major Manchester United transfer.

Discloses for the first time that six current members of the United first team squad are now on the books of Jason's agency Elite.

Reporter Alex Millar discloses that Manchester United paid Mike Morris, a close business associate of Jason Ferguson, hundreds of thousands of pounds to act for them in the Jaap Stam move.

Whether any of this was proven remains to be seen, but WhiskyLips didn't like it.

And so began the Cold War...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
Fergie - Tossbasket

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
Ferguson simply talks shite.  For his outburst today I would like to see the FA grow some balls and send him to the stands for as long as possible.

It's not unusual for the man to talk shite, of course.  Back in the eighties he would often say Man utd were the biggest club in the world despite them, at the time, just about being in the top five of England's most successful club sides.  The thing is, the media latch on to these claims and before long they all start being reported as fact and taken as gospel.  Then you have glory-hunting simpletons swallowing the lot and throwing in their lot with Man Utd.

Why can't the media just do us all a favour and ignore him?  Ultimately this is all cash in the bank for Man Utd.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
Have to be honest, does it really make any difference if he starts talking via the BBC or not, I can never understand a word the man say's, more so when he's either been beaten or been on the wrong end of a Ref's decision, or a game at Old Trafford hasn't been allowed to run long enough in order for them to get the full 3 pts, usually about 12mins extra time will do it, then he becomes inconceivable, and that nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he must have a direct drip feed to the local brewery.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
Listening to the reporter (himslef banned) reeling off the list of reporters Fergie has banned on 5-Live was amusing...

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
Bear in mind when assessing what he's won in the game, he's doing this with the massive distortive impact of the Champions League cash. Basically each season the premier league is a 2 or 3 horse race. Back in the day up to 10 teams could realistically win it. Despite being able to enter every year he's still only won the same number of Champions Leagues as Brian Clough.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal