collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:08:20 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

Re: International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Re: Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:52:01 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 09:44:42 AM]

Re: FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Fergie breaks BBC ban  (Read 12994 times)

Offline KRS

Re: 0% Villa - Fergie breaks BBC ban
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »
The "analysis" is so predictable I could write it myself.  The two Alans clearly can't be bothered any more, they might as well just put a Blackberry on loudspeaker next to Gary so they can phone it in from their conservatories.  Lawro is the last remaining person alive who uses the word "not" at the end of a sentence and thinks it's funny - as in "Wayne's World's a recent film - NOT!"  Get rid, that's what I say.  Cut the chat and show more action.  I can make up my own mind.  It makes me yearn for Elton Wellsby.  Or Jimmy Hill, on his tod, saying, "Great result for Everton, now we're off to Villa Park".  No nonsense, no ex-pro spongeing a massive wage to draw arrows on a freeze frame, just an hour of football.
Do what I do...Sky+ MOTD and MOTD2 and watch it half hour after it started (or whenever you like). Fast forward through all the interviews and punditry. Job done.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:32 AM »
Yes, I admire his bare-faced cheek at pocketing a hefty wage for delivering such eye-wateringly poor material without bursting into huge laughter and saying, "Can you believe I get paid for this?!"  That takes some hide.  A bit like one of those looters we've seen on the news recently.  They know it's wrong, but they're brazen about it.  Admirable.  By the way, you're paying two million quid for your licence?!  You should check that out, there must have been some mistake with your direct debit...

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »
Ferguson starts to abide by the rules after seven years when he has got away with it unpunished. A microcosm of the way the big teams are favourably treated I reckon.

Or just Manchester United in particular. Sir Dave Richards brokered the meeting between the chief executive of the BBC and Sir Alex Ferguson. Man U hold unprecedented power within the media.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »
Ferguson starts to abide by the rules after seven years when he has got away with it unpunished. A microcosm of the way the big teams are favourably treated I reckon.

Or just Manchester United in particular. Sir Dave Richards brokered the meeting between the chief executive of the BBC and Sir Alex Ferguson. Man U hold unprecedented power within the media.

It says a lot for Dave Richards that Ferguson wouldn't be the most loathsome man in that group.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »
Fergie breaks BBC ban ?

I wasnt even aware of a ban. The BBC should simply ignore them if they have lifted the ban anyway.
In any case, the lovely Kate and William are more important than that old washed up ginger haired frump.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
I read the boycott was because the BBC made a programme about his son in 94, Does anyone remember it because I don't?

Offline mal

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
For the umpteenth time a thread for Villa reds. What is not off-topic about this thread?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
i am going to boycott listening to the twat for the next seven years.  i dont really give a shiny shit what that fucker says.

Offline glinch

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
Ferguson said: "It is fantastic. The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united

i thought this was villa?

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
The "analysis" is so predictable I could write it myself.  The two Alans clearly can't be bothered any more, they might as well just put a Blackberry on loudspeaker next to Gary so they can phone it in from their conservatories.  Lawro is the last remaining person alive who uses the word "not" at the end of a sentence and thinks it's funny - as in "Wayne's World's a recent film - NOT!"  Get rid, that's what I say.  Cut the chat and show more action.  I can make up my own mind.  It makes me yearn for Elton Wellsby.  Or Jimmy Hill, on his tod, saying, "Great result for Everton, now we're off to Villa Park".  No nonsense, no ex-pro spongeing a massive wage to draw arrows on a freeze frame, just an hour of football.
Do what I do...Sky+ MOTD and MOTD2 and watch it half hour after it started (or whenever you like). Fast forward through all the interviews and punditry. Job done.

Thats exactly what I do too - makes it all watchable that way !

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 12:04:51 PM »
Ferguson said: "It is fantastic. The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/26/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united

i thought this was villa?

Villa have supplied the most England players but I think he means the club that has supplied the most international players for any country.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
I think he means in the current squad.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
I think he means in the current squad.

I'm not sure this would be the most in a single squad from one club. Ron Greenwood used to fill England teams, not even squads, with Liverpool players. I think nine at one point but I may wrong as I haven't checked it.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
Fergie's ranting against the FA now. He's just said that you'd think the FA would treat Man U with more respect considering they've provided more England players than any other club. Mmmm, don't think so.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
So rightly implementing bans on Fergie criticing refs and a player delibrately targeting a camera to swear down on a live match is treating the club like shit. I just hope that they treat them like shit and fine Fergie a significant amount (£1mil min) for crticising them like that in public and then distribute the money in the amatuer leagues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal