collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nice touch from Villa - on Hereford OS  (Read 3654 times)

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
Nice touch from Villa - on Hereford OS
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
Aston Villa have praised the conduct of the 2,601 travelling Hereford United fans during Tuesday night's Carling Cup match at Villa Park.

"Aston Villa would like to praise the behaviour of the 2,601 Bulls fans both inside and outside the ground during Tuesday night's Carling Cup game at Villa Park.

"Aston Villa would like to thank all Hereford fans for their conduct both inside and outside Villa Park. They were all a credit to Hereford United."

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Nice touch from Villa - on Hereford OS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
I wish all clubs would publish the figure for away followings. You tend to see them given in the lower divisions more. Things such as Darlington v Torquay, away attendance 54...that sort of thing.

Yes, well done the Villa and lets hope we see those sort of sentiments again . Millwall or Small Heath at home in Round 3 anybody ? 

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
I'd rather see it phrased differently. Something more positive, like "thanks for helping with a great atmosphere".

Turning up and showing good conduct is a bit like the Chris Rock comedy piece "I look after my children"....well you should!

But still, credit where it is due.

Offline theleftside

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
A Hereford fan kindly drove me to the game last night (along with my boy) which is very kind, he even refused petrol money and paid for the parking.  He however did not supply beer and pringles for the trip.  A credit to your club???? really, no sorry.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
He however did not supply beer and pringles for the trip.

Have Pringles reached Hereford yet?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
Nice touch?
Since when did being nice win anything? I want us to be so hard we even make Schwarzenegger burst into tears.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
I'd rather see it phrased differently. Something more positive, like "thanks for helping with a great atmosphere".

Turning up and showing good conduct is a bit like the Chris Rock comedy piece "I look after my children"....well you should!

But still, credit where it is due.

Tend to agree, SR; for a start we shouldn't be using the word 'behaviour' - it's condescending in the extreme and gives the impression that we expected them to misbehave.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »
We got a lot of headlines for our behaviour at our last League Cup away fixture.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:23 PM »
A Hereford fan kindly drove me to the game last night (along with my boy) which is very kind, he even refused petrol money and paid for the parking.  He however did not supply beer and pringles for the trip.  A credit to your club???? really, no sorry.

Very good, theleftside

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal