collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Hereford post match thread  (Read 34259 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Aston Villa v Hereford post match thread
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »
I agree we do not make wholesale changes to a winning side

If there are injuries then like for like players in and out. AS much as i would like to see either Bannan or Ireland in for heskey we cannot argue that at Fulham Emile put in a very hardworking shift and against Blackburn he scored - there is no reason to drop him yet

What the like of Bannan / Ireland have to do is when they get their chance they have to change the game and we have to win - then they keep the place

thats how it should be in a team

Agree with this and I think Mcleish will start with Heskey on Saturday.

Offline pedro25

Re: Aston Villa v Hereford post match thread
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
First half we showed some really good play. Good possession and good movement and were unlucky not to go in winning.

Second half was a bit different, with the nerves coming in as the game went on and we hadn't scored.

Barry Bannan was brilliant. He always looked to recieve the ball, played some great passes, had a couple of shots and generally looked like he wants to, and can be, a part of the first team. Of all the players, he must be closest to playing in the first team (personally, I'd like to see him instead of Heskey from the team that played against Blackburn).

We seemed to go backwards a little when Bannan was placed on the wing - why did he do that? Seemed a little strange.

Makoun lacks confidence and I'm not sure he'll be at Villa for very long.

Still not sure about Ireland. It'd be interesting to see how he plays with the better players.

I'd argue that Bent, N'Zogbia, Makoun and Bannan are better players than Heskey, Gabby, Petrov and Delph.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal