collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 100% Villa Sir Brian sacked  (Read 12779 times)

Offline Simon Ward

Re: 100% Villa Sir Brian sacked
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
There was a great pull out picture of him and Bruce Rioch in training at the start of the 71/72 season in the programme last Saturday.. My two heroes when my dad first took me to stand on the Witton End.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
Fantastic ! Didn't even see that photo hidden behind Charles Insomnia.......
Also my two Villa heroes, Brian and Bruce.
Surely we can get Little involved somewhere in the club, he is such a Villa man.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »
The best manager we've had since Saunders.  If I owned Villa, I'd have given him the job this summer.  It probably wouldn't have worked out, but bollocks to you lot, it's my fucking club, and if I want to give Sir Brian a job, which one of you bastards is going to stop me?

Nurse!

Offline nigel

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
Why do Brian Little keep losing his jobs as he is a good manager until the arrival of Stanley Victor Collymore. Could without the work of John Gregory and Allan Evans he doesn't seem to do well.
Think I know what you're saying, and I tend to agree.
Brian Little with John Gregory and Allan Evans as assistants was a great team. Little was a great manager whilst Gregory and Evans exelled at coaching. When Gregory went to manage his own club Brian took on the coaching role too. Then Doug bought Collymore and it undermined Littles work. I don't think Brian wanted Collymore as Dwight and Savo were just begining to 'click'
I'm convinced that had Collymore not arrived things would have worked out much better for Sir Brian of Villa Park.
Also, had John Gregory stayed as his assistant things would have been better too

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
The best manager we've had since Saunders.  If I owned Villa, I'd have given him the job this summer.  It probably wouldn't have worked out, but bollocks to you lot, it's my fucking club, and if I want to give Sir Brian a job, which one of you bastards is going to stop me?

Nurse!

Na, Taylor and Atkinson were better. Can't remember a Villa team ever playing better football than Big Ron's Villa.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
I don't know from a personal perspective but post Villa he seems to have either failed to settle at any level or produced a string of poor results. I guess expectations will always be higher than achievements if you are an ex-premiership manager.
Brother Alan did really well at York some years back, but seems to have gone off the radar since-he seemed more suited to the role than Brian. Don't think he is doing much now either.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Why do Brian Little keep losing his jobs as he is a good manager until the arrival of Stanley Victor Collymore. Could without the work of John Gregory and Allan Evans he doesn't seem to do well.
Brian Little with John Gregory and Allan Evans as assistants was a great team. Little was a great manager whilst Gregory and Evans exelled at coaching. When Gregory went to manage his own club Brian took on the coaching role too. Then Doug bought Collymore and it undermined Littles work. I don't think Brian wanted Collymore as Dwight and Savo were just begining to 'click'
I'm convinced that had Collymore not arrived things would have worked out much better for Sir Brian of Villa Park.
Also, had John Gregory stayed as his assistant things would have been better too

It could be the mind playing up but I seem to remember Brian expressing an interest (pre SVC) in Andy Cole to partner Dwight, who was struggling at MU at the time. Probably would't have worked, Yorke & Cole !!!

Offline nigel

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »

It could be the mind playing up but I seem to remember Brian expressing an interest (pre SVC) in Andy Cole to partner Dwight, who was struggling at MU at the time. Probably would't have worked, Yorke & Cole !!!
Brian wanted Cole, Doug bought Collymore.
Hmmmm Remind me, Who was the football man again? :-)

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
Andy Cole  wasout of favor at the time recouperating from a broken leg or similar injury, caused by Ruddock i seem to remember.  What a shame that
Brian could not have put them together for Villa. Also claimed by Doug, we should have signed Andy Cole from Bristol? if he could have contacted Ron Atkinson on the Phone

Offline willywombat

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

Nurse!
I dont usually agree with much of what you say Risso but that gets a big double thumbs up from me!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »

Nurse!

I'd love it if we had Peter Risso-dale running the Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal