collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Garth Crooks Team OT week  (Read 4238 times)

Offline badluckeric(gates)

Garth Crooks Team OT week
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »
Amazing, we never get a player in and this week we get......TWO!
Delph and Gabby. He even said Delph was best player on the pitch and is about to fulfil his potential. Good stuff eh?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Garth Crooks Team OT week
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
I'd be impressed that he's getting noticed if it wasn't for the inescpable fact that Garth Crooks is a colossal knobhead.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
I'd be impressed that he's getting noticed if it wasn't for the inescpable fact that Garth Crooks is a colossal knobhead.

Its no surprise to me that Fab gets noticed. He's a whirl of arms and legs, with a tackling technique that makes Paul Scholes look controlled.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »

Its no surprise to me that Fab gets noticed. He's a whirl of arms and legs, with a tackling technique that makes Paul Scholes look controlled.

When it comes to Scholesy and tackling, lets face it NATO should have used him as a weapon of massive destruction.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

Given was in last week!

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
I think he's improved his tackling from when he first got into the side, still a way to go but nowhere near as bad as some peolpe are saying.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
I think he's improved his tackling from when he first got into the side, still a way to go but nowhere near as bad as some peolpe are saying.

He may well have improved it but one thing is for sure with Delph, he will get at least one booking per game if he continues in the current fashion.  His booking on Saturday was totally avoidable. 

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »
Don't get too attached. A decent season, an England game or two and lancashire here he comes.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »
Not a Garth Crook admirer as a pundit but he is correct. I thought Delph did what NRC used to do and a lot more.  Needs to improve his timing and judgement and he will be there.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
Delph and Gabby. He even said Delph was best player on the pitch and is about to fulfil his potential. Good stuff eh?

I'm guessing you edited that quote. I can't believe Crooks would say that so concisely when he could say the same thing in not less than 200 words.

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »

He may well have improved it but one thing is for sure with Delph, he will get at least one booking per game if he continues in the current fashion.  His booking on Saturday was totally avoidable. 

I could have been booked on saturday because the ref was a total c*@k. The booking was a run of the mill foul in midfield, nothing more nothing less. Hoillet committed three fouls in a row and didn't get booked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal