collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottled Fosters in the Upper Trinity ....  (Read 12693 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Bottled Fosters in the Upper Trinity ....
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:35 AM »
Football grounds eh., they do a great job of selling crap expensively to a captured market, not a bad model if you think about it !

Re. Fosters, two questions WHY ? and if so WHY HOT ? !

What's stopping Banks' bottling their stuff up and doing a deal ? - makes you wonder whether Prem grounds HAVE to sell that stuff, is it contractual or are the margins just too good to refuse ??

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
wanted to buy my lad a coke at half time in the lower holte, waited for 10 mins and didnt get near the front, then went back to watch the game. Ridiculous

I sit Lower Holte and went down bang on the half time whistle to get my chip butty (minus the butty).  By the time I'd got to the front of the queue and walked straight back to my seat I'd missed the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half!

Something is seriously wrong with the service if it takes 20 minutes to get served at half time.  But then like others have said, if people keep paying they've got no incentive to change.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
Ad@m,

The service is appalling all around the ground I reckon, and I understand the time pressures.

It's just the calibre of service staff that is addressable imo- 'can't be arsed' is the look on their faces.

The club could double its half time income if it made a better effort t get its act together.

PS. Fosters and HOT, man alive !!!!

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
We've been discussing the standard of service on here for as long as I can remember.  It's not a major issue for me these days as I'm happy to wait a couple of hours, but you have to wonder whether it's done deliberately.  Maybe they don't want hordes of pissed-up loons cluttering the ground by the time the second half comes around.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
And Fosters report a A$93m loss which is about £55m.

Given the taste of their product I'm not surprised. An improvement on previous losses but shit product = shit results. There's a football analogy there somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14626488

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »

It's just the calibre of service staff that is addressable imo- 'can't be arsed' is the look on their faces.

It's the same at any stadiums. Try motivating people who are on minimum wage and get one shift every 2 weeks.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
We were in section Q of the DE Witton Lane stand and the service at the refreshment kiosks was ok. Long wait at half time apparently according to my eldest son who gave up trying to get his coke fix!

Offline K3Villa

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »
Service in the Upper Holte tonight was very poor. Lots of bars closed for obvious reasons but still not enough staff AND the draft was off at half time due to a problem with the pipes and then the barrels. I can only imagine how much more money they would have taken if these small yet, important issues were addressed. So poor it's almost funny.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13:14 AM »

It's the same at any stadiums. Try motivating people who are on minimum wage and get one shift every 2 weeks.

I understand that, however to compensate, I would get the product right.

Poor service of an acceptable product is better than dreadful service of a more than deadful product.

Chill !

( The Fosters that is !)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »
Took a few friends into the Holte Pub last night seeing as it was free entry and they were very impressed. It's shame they have to charge £3-4 a time for a league game, it's a nice place to have a drink. They did run out of Fosters by 7pm though.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
Took a few friends into the Holte Pub last night seeing as it was free entry and they were very impressed. It's shame they have to charge £3-4 a time for a league game, it's a nice place to have a drink. They did run out of Fosters by 7pm though.

How cold was it though.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
Maybe we should start a campaign for quality real ales in the ground.

Then we could train some pigs to fly.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »
Maybe we should start a campaign for quality real ales in the ground.

Then we could train some pigs to fly.
Bathams and Pig On The Wall mild would go down well.
But having read the comments in this thread I think I'd rather go without for a couple of hours.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:47 AM »
When my nephew was little we just used to pack a small plastic bottle or can of pop in his pocket or his wee backpack with his chocolate / sweets. The stewards never had an issue with this. This was partly a practical solution to avoid queuing but also to save money. Football grounds are universally a rip off for food and drink and usually offer the bland popular brands as the lowest common denominator. It is much easier these days to drink beforehand and arrive at 10 minutes to kick off.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »

or standing by the bloke who was generous with his murray mints or Fishermans Friends.
There were paedophiles in your day also?Thought they were a new invention.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal