collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottled Fosters in the Upper Trinity ....  (Read 12709 times)

Offline Surrey Villain

Re: Bottled Fosters in the Upper Trinity ....
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »
My first pint in the Holte was Heineken but it tasted like it had been in the barrel since May.  Serves me right for getting there early!

Offline gervilla

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
I like beer, make that most beers.
Australia has some of the best beers I have ever tasted.
Fosters does not fit into either of these categories.
It is rank.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
Australians don't like it either

Offline gervilla

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
Australians don't like it either

Yup, they have some seriously good beers over there. I'm not surprised they don't drink that piss.

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
We keep our good beer for ourselves and export that crap, yet you lot still drink it by the olympic-size swimming pool.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »
On the subject of shoddy offerings by the kiosks at the ground I asked for my usual chip butty yesterday (a snack I've appreciated for years at the ground) to be told they don't do them anymore.

They have baps for the burgers and they still sell chips.  But they no longer serve chips in baps.

If someone can explain the logic in that they're a better man than me!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »
Given the fantastic choice of tasty and cheap food from all the various outlets in the vicinity of Villa Park and the fact that there are several pubs within walking distance (one or two of them are even decent), anyone who eats or drinks inside the ground deserves to be ripped off.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »
Given the fantastic choice of tasty and cheap food from all the various outlets in the vicinity of Villa Park and the fact that there are several pubs within walking distance (one or two of them are even decent), anyone who eats or drinks inside the ground deserves to be ripped off.

It's difficult to get to the pub at half time.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

I'm sure you can go two hours without beer.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
On the subject of shoddy offerings by the kiosks at the ground I asked for my usual chip butty yesterday (a snack I've appreciated for years at the ground) to be told they don't do them anymore.

They have baps for the burgers and they still sell chips.  But they no longer serve chips in baps.

If someone can explain the logic in that they're a better man than me!

Carb-overload. They're thinking about your arteries.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »

I can but it would be nice if the club served what the fans wanted.  We are customers after all.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
It would indeed. But surely by now you realise that it's not going to happen, and even if it did you are going to pay a stupid price for it!
Maybe if people weren't so willing to buy the overpriced shite they serve they would have a think about it and do something decent at a good price, but the queues never seem to get any smaller.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
So long as people are prepared to be ripped off for a bottle of warm piss they will continue to sell it. The only way to get them to provide decent refreshments at a fair price is by eating and drinking elsewhere.
It never ceases to amaze me that people pay a small fortune to watch the game then miss the last ten minutes of the first half so they can queue up to buy such crap food and over-priced beer.
Admittedly I'm from the generation when dining inside the ground meant being lucky enough to get a Wagon Wheel before they sold out at 2 o'clock - or standing by the bloke who was generous with his murray mints or Fishermans Friends.

Offline rutski

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
wanted to buy my lad a coke at half time in the lower holte, waited for 10 mins and didnt get near the front, then went back to watch the game. Ridiculous

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »

You'd be surprised how many people go down to get a beer 10 minutes before half time. I don't get it personally.

Talking of rip-offs, i bought a can of coke from one of those burger vans under the bridge by the church and stood waiting for my change from my £1 coin which i did'nt get.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal