collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers Post-Match Thread/Ratings  (Read 38120 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers Post-Match Thread/Ratings
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:42 AM »
Thought they all did well but there are issues. Warnock diving in cost us a goal, stay on your feet should be whipped into him until he is begging for his life, the stupid, stupid man.

The centre of the park is like a great chasm for sides to walk through. Delph did well, and so did Petrov at times, but we were wide open too much.

Good finishing though, and a decent display. Would like to see NZogbia given the Gabby role if he is not fit next week, with Albrighton down the right.

Agree with that

Thought we looked good at times and then awful at others, the first 15 mins of the second half we terrible and a half decent team would have equalised.

The full back area is a concern for me, Warnock being to rash and Young being pulled out of position far too often.

Pleased with Delph and thought bannan looked the business when he can on giving us an extra bit of zip.

bannan needs to start against Wolves

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
I think it was a patchy performance, but more good than bad.

Gabby was on fire the first half and we were good going forward, but then when Blackburn started having a bit more of the game I think our central midfield didn't impose themselves enough, which is a fear for games against the better sides.

Bannan really impressed me when he came on!

Overall hard to judge as they are a poor side and it was so easy in that first half I can't escape the feeling one or two players took their foot off the gas.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:42:02 AM by John M'Zog »

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2011, 10:40:23 AM »
Needed more bite in midfield especially when Blackburn came back at us in the second half. But a win nevertheless and my family went home happy!

Offline Villanation

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
Have to say for the time when Gabby was on there he looked a different class to everybody else, the minute he was of i though "oh F***" and you could tell almost instantly he was gone.

Delph is starting to claim his place, looked a bit reckless at times but give him the game time and he'll get that sorted.

Gabby for me was sh1t hot, when he did that little jink and placed his shot, i said to my mate when did we get Messi in, my mate said that bloke never ceases to amaze me, just when you think there is naff all there he does something like that, my reply was, that's the nature of genius.

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Gabby might lack the nous to think his way through a one-on-one with the keeper, but he is still a pretty good finisher overall.  I thought a bigger fuss would of been made about him scoring his 50th league goal.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
Gabby might lack the nous to think his way through a one-on-one with the keeper, but he is still a pretty good finisher overall.  I thought a bigger fuss would of been made about him scoring his 50th league goal.

mentioned this before ages ago, its always amazed me that someone like Arsenal haven't come in for him, would hate seeing him go, but in my mind and as was proved on Saturday there is a lot more to this player than we think and given the right midfield behind him such as Wilshire and Walcott and others threading the right balls through to him, I think Gabby would be prolific on an International scale, do I think he would cope at that level, i think he would standing on his head, because as we saw on Saturday he does have some very good skills, pace and power, his ability to hold of a defender and place a pass has he did with his assist for Heskey was very good, only seen one player shield a ball that well and that was Kenny Dalgliesh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal