collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Mellin
[Today at 10:05:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:04:49 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:02:18 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Beard82
[Today at 10:01:16 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Pat McMahon
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 9821 times)

Offline robbyfvillain

• GM : 18.04.2021
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
I calculated approx 24k season tickets.

Using the select a seat option for the blackburn game on the monday following closure date for season tickets it was possible to calculate the amount of seats available in each section of villa park and those that were still available. By deduction the rest were season tickets = 24410.

All a bit sad but I was bored!

If that is accurate then it is not bad at all and I think is a bit more than last season.

Don't want to spoil any guess the crowd but at the moment there are by my calculation 5591 seats available for tomorrow. Blackburn have been allocated P10 and P11 which is 713 seats plus there will be the exec seats.

So 34k + away + exec seats. Assuming they count season tickets whether they turn up or not.

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »
You can still buy a ticket on the day though right?? if so a crowd of 36-37K is not bad.

UTV!

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
You can still buy a ticket on the day though right?? if so a crowd of 36-37K is not bad.

UTV!

Yes from the main ticket office or the trinity road ticket office

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:01 PM »
I'm planning to buy tickets for the Hereford game tomorrow before the game, will I be able to get them from the ticket office?

You can tell how long it's been since I bought tickets for any game at VP on a match day!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »
I too have received the same letter from the CEO as I too have not renewed my season ticket. I started watching Villa in 1968 (v Rotherham 0-1) when my father decided I was old enough to go. Not so much 'Holte Enders in the Sky' as 'Witton End in the Pouring Rain'! Stopping my ticket has been sad and not easy. Paul Faulkner, for all his good intentions, will never have that depth of belonging or memories. Which is why I resent his letter. For footballl to have meaning it is about belonging. Once that tie is broken then something dies. RL & PF may well have chosen the right man in the Blues man. But that's not the point. On the one hand football is just  ... football. So I don't wish McLeish any ill. But, on the other hand, his 'heritage' is not something I can accept and I find it an insult that folk who, for all their good intentions and ambition, cannot appreciate that. So time to move on.
I hope to keep the faith through reserve team matches. But I have found that they are going to keep playing at Hinckley. What is that about? Surely there is a ground in the West Midlands we could use. O yes. I forgot. It's the money, stupid! What is heritage after all? Villa are just another brand.

You resent a letter from a club employee becaue they're not a lifelong Villa supporter, you feel insulted that other supporters don't accept your views about the manager and you think we play reserve games at Hinckley because they pay us. I think the bottom of the 'reasons to moan' barrel has just been scraped.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:02:56 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
I know isn't necessarily due to Season Ticket sales, but if anyone's interested this is a graph of our average attendance from 1947 - 2008.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »
I calculated approx 24k season tickets. what about the seats that had already been sold to non S/T holders?

Using the select a seat option for the blackburn game on the monday following closure date for season tickets it was possible to calculate the amount of seats available in each section of villa park and those that were still available. By deduction the rest were season tickets = 24410.

All a bit sad but I was bored!

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
I'm planning to buy tickets for the Hereford game tomorrow before the game, will I be able to get them from the ticket office?

You can tell how long it's been since I bought tickets for any game at VP on a match day!

Yes as long as you get there about before about 2.00pm or I think its open after the game for about 30mins

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:40 PM »
 Mr Woodhall is their anything you could moan about at Villa? Serious question Is everything rosy?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Mr Woodhall is their anything you could moan about at Villa? Serious question Is everything rosy?
What's your beef?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »

There are many things I can, and do, find fault with but complaining about a letter saying in effect "Thanks for your support, hope to still see you" and the location of a handful of reserve games seems to fall into the 'negative for the sake of it' bracket.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:04:11 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »

Yes as long as you get there about before about 2.00pm or I think its open after the game for about 30mins

Thanks Spangley, I usually get cup tickets from the club shop in town, but figured as i'm at VP anyway tomorrow I may as well pick them up then. Must be the best part of 10 years since I bought tickets at VP!

Offline mistymopcap

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »

There are many things I can, and do, find fault with but complaining about a letter saying in effect "Thanks for your support, hope to still see you" and the location of a handful of reserve games seems to fall into the 'negative for the sake of it' bracket.

Somehow something has got lost in the translation ... but you still can have a happy life.  ;).
Watching football is something to do with an odd mixture between fun & passion. And, for me, 'watching a handful of reserve games' is about that. It's not an invitation for a comment from someone who confuses the Premier League with the only way to play football and Hinckley with Aston ... & a Blues manager with a Villa one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:48:56 PM by mistymopcap »

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »

Somehow something has got lost in the translation ... but you still can have a happy life.  ;)

Possibly, but that thing about the reserves playing at Hinckley. You once said you watch non-league - would you really want some of our promsing kids playing on the sort of pitches you get in the Southern League in January?

Offline mistymopcap

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
Sorry if our messages crossed.
Yes. I do watch non-league and I will be tomorrow. I'm not sure I follow you about the use of non-league pitches and our players. I'd prefer to all players to play on the best pitches possible. But seeing guys doing their best on difficult conditions is part of what makes football 'football'. I'd prefer Villa reserves to be playing in the city somewhere if possible. With the NexGen (?) competition it seems to me that reserve football may grow in interest. It certainly will if it looks as if money can be made.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:11:39 PM by mistymopcap »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal