collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jose Mourinho  (Read 9517 times)

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: Jose Mourinho
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
He puts his finger in his eye by the looks of the close-up. He's definitely gone very strange recently.

Still, he's managed to get pretty much full control over transfers there - no mean achievement - and got Valdano out, so he has no excuses this season.

Offline noodles_

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
never really rated him(apart from winding Ferguson up), he should manage someone like the Scunthorpe United's of this world and then we would see how fucking special he is.

UTV
The Doc

That's like saying we should stick Rooney in the Vauxhall Conference to see if he can play there!

I always liked him as Chelsea manager, but then not paid too much attention to him at Madrid.

Exactly. Using this logic, Tony Pulis is the greatest manager ever.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
He's always been on that tightrope between genius with foibles and complete bellend.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »
Hardly an eye gouge. From the angle I saw it on TV yesterday it was more like a pinch on the cheek (facial not buttock!). Quite girly actually.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:09 AM »
Didn't Mourinho manage that Porto team that dived and cheated on a monumental scale in a UEFA cup final against MON's Celtic?.  If so it's a bit rich him complaining about opponents going down a bit too easily.  But then he seems to have turned into a spoilt brat at Real, probably because he can't find a fair way to match Barcelona and he isn't top dog anymore.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »
He's an egocentric prick. Always has been, always will be. The photo I've seen of the incident with the Barca assistant looks very much like he's gone for the eye. In truth even if it was "a pinch on the cheek" what the f*** is he doing raising hands to him anyway? He's shown himself to be a bitter loser as well as an ungracious winner. If that's "box office", as some people say in his defence, then you can stuff it. What's wrong with quiet dignity?

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
Aside from anything else he's a top class manager. Haven't seen many teams able to compete against Barca and yet he's done it time and time again with different teams...

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »
I used to have a lot of time for him but the move to Real has not really worked out for the best. I think he's a talented manager but his antics can be a bit much. As others have said why did he raise his hand to the face in the first place?

Sore loser and ungracious winner sums him up perfectly.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
Hardly an eye gouge. From the angle I saw it on TV yesterday it was more like a pinch on the cheek (facial not buttock!). Quite girly actually.
Apparently there are photos showing contact with the eye. Haven't seen it myself, but Sid Lowe mentioned it, and I'd trust his judgement.

Offline gerags

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
Apparently there are photos showing contact with the eye. Haven't seen it myself, but Sid Lowe mentioned it, and I'd trust his judgement.

There's a photo on this page, looks like one in the eye to me.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18082011/58/la-liga-pique-mourinho-wrecking-spanish-game.html

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »
The irony of the UEFA Cup final is the similarity in character between him and MON.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
Best manager in the world tbf

Plus he's great entertainment.

Awful loser.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
Mourinho has lost the plot in Spain and he'll have nobody to blame but himself. He tries to bully his way as is typical with FC Porto. I thought he'd grown up after his time at Chelsea but he soon returned to character at Inter and now he's destroying his reputation with Madrid. He can kiss goodbye to any hopes he has of taking over after Ferguson at Old Trafford, with the exception of Bobby Charlton, they won't put up with his antics.

Mourinho has gone from great manager to spoilt child. Saying that, I always preferred his interviews than his football.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
never really rated him(apart from winding Ferguson up), he should manage someone like the Scunthorpe United's of this world and then we would see how fucking special he is.

UTV
The Doc

That's like saying we should stick Rooney in the Vauxhall Conference to see if he can play there!

I always liked him as Chelsea manager, but then not paid too much attention to him at Madrid.

Exactly. Using this logic, Tony Pulis is the greatest manager ever.

I know there is hardly any logic to it but I have never liked him  :)

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »
Red cards in super cup final and barcafuckinlona don't like it.

Oh the irony!!!!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal