collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jose Mourinho  (Read 9473 times)

Offline lovejoy

Jose Mourinho
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:33 AM »
I used to quite like the guy because he was a character.

Now I see him has an ego-centric child. He always makes it about him rather than the team. His teams usually packed with talent play dull, cagey defensive shut down anti-football. He actually accused the Barca players last season of going down easy. You've got Ronaldo in your team FFS.

Wednesday night though was the final straw. Out of pure petulance he calmly eye gouged the Barca coach. In rugby he would be looking at a lengthy ban but I would suspect the Spanish FA will be less punative after all they and Real are basically the same thing. And yes I'd have him at Villa in a flash.

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Jose Mourinho
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
I must admit that I ised to like him

Now I think he's a c***

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
He makes me laugh with some of his antics but he is really just an enormous bellend. He's also taken the racist Madrid silver which makes him the antichrist in my eyes.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
He seems to have been behaving like a cock since he joined Madrid.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
Just read about this on the BBC gossip page and having watched the game on Wednesday I thought it was more of an ear poke than an eye gouge. He's just a saw loser and is struggling to cope with the fact that his team aren't the best in the league, he'll do anything to get the attention of the media.

Probably better suited to the other games thread but there was some racist noises directed at Marcelo from the Barca fans although i've seen no mention of this in the press.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
He his too arrogant for me.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
His antics on wednesday were absolutely pathetic.  His team contunally act like petulant little kids when things go wrong.  After the game he claimed "Barcelona started it".  What a childish remark for one thing, and Pepe and Marcelo could both have been sent off twice during that game for kicking/swinging out recklessly at opponents.  He seems to love the media spotlight, and once again he's succeeded in getting it.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 09:16:14 AM »
What I find very funny about the whole Barca v Real thing is that if anyone criticises either of the teams, someone invariably feels the need to interject with a "ah yes, but what about [other team's name]'s cynical way of [some underhand tactic employed by them]?", as if there's a definitive black and white, right and wrong way of looking at the whole thing. Similar to the Rangers v Celtic thing ooop north.
Both sides act like cocks at times, but for me (barring the racist shit that some fuckwits apparently started at Marcelo on Wednesday), Mourinho's antics are much more divisive, and as was mentioned on the Guardian Football Weekly, could easily destroy the togetherness of the Spain squad.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »

Probably better suited to the other games thread but there was some racist noises directed at Marcelo from the Barca fans although i've seen no mention of this in the press.

I heard that aswell.  No excuse for that, but Marcelo is a cock.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
Sid Lowe mentioned it, although qualified it by saying it was hard to know for certain without listening back to the audio, which he hadn't at that time. Incidents like that really do show how advanced (in certain ways) the English game is.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
Sid Lowe mentioned it, although qualified it by saying it was hard to know for certain without listening back to the audio, which he hadn't at that time. Incidents like that really do show how advanced (in certain ways) the English game is.

It was clear as a bell on Sky's coverage.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:44 AM »
never really rated him(apart from winding Ferguson up), he should manage someone like the Scunthorpe United's of this world and then we would see how fucking special he is.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »

It was clear as a bell on Sky's coverage.

It was mentioned by the commentator too.

As for Mourinho it looked like to me that he just pinched the cheek of the Barca coach.  Not a sensible thing to do but not the most heinous of crimes. 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
never really rated him(apart from winding Ferguson up), he should manage someone like the Scunthorpe United's of this world and then we would see how fucking special he is.

UTV
The Doc

That's like saying we should stick Rooney in the Vauxhall Conference to see if he can play there!

I always liked him as Chelsea manager, but then not paid too much attention to him at Madrid.

Offline noodles_

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:19 AM »
"His teams usually packed with talent play dull, cagey defensive shut down anti-football"

Very untrue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal