collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will we get another one?  (Read 8930 times)

Offline Daholteend

Re: Will we get another one?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
£37m brought in, and £13m spent.

6-8 First team players gone, 2 new signings.

And most people agree that that will be all.

What a depressing state of affairs.

I think this is a case of whether your glass is half full or half empty. From the fans perspective in the short term it may seem depressing. What fan doesn't enjoy bringing in  stars like Bent? What fans hate to see the likes of Ashley and Downing leave? 

Thing is that Randy has invested massive funds in AVFC and reading between the lines of the spin of the General and the media we are to believe that much of the 37m minus the 13m was to be used to paying down some of the debt/loans and also the ongoing daily costs of running  AVFC.

I am sure that AM is still looking at potential deals and if something makes sense and adds value to the strength of the squad based on need and budget restraints, I wouldn't be surprised to see one more new arrival before the window closes.

At the same time I won't be surprised if we see some of the younger players going out on loan rather than biding their time between the bench and the reserves.

As for depression, I have supported AVFC for too many years to let things get to me.  If I feel it coming on I pop the DVD "Match of the Millennium" on the telly to remind me that over a period of time Villa has moments of greatness that have taken place and there are more yet to come.

Villa is a bit like the weather, if you wait long enough the sun eventually shines even if it is not for long. When it does it's fantastic.

Offline GJH

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
The purse strings are getting tighter, think Randy will ride the storm until January.

Hope Cuellar stays and we might be ok at the back.. If Bent gets injured the goals will be hard to come by.

Cant rely on Heskey and Delboy for goals, Gabby will need to have his best season so far for me!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
We aren't signing anyone else.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »
We are signing someone else.

I don't know really, I just think definite answers make me look badass.

Offline Merv

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
We won't. I don't think.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
We are signing someone else.

I don't know really, I just think definite answers make me look badass.

You're right, if I was a girl I'd be in love with you.

I'd say it's unlikely but they've done plenty under the radar of the supposed ITK lot over recent months so I wouldn't put money on it.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
I really dont want any loan signings. I'd rather one of our own youngsters get some experience. We wont get relegated and we wont get into europe anyway so lets give our own lads a chance, theyre at that age now when they should be playing. Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Delfouneso, Lichaj, Baker all impressed me last year and we've got Gardner and Weiman coming through. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't get any games due to us using other clubs youngsters.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:38 AM »

Villa is a bit like the weather, if you wait long enough the sun eventually shines even if it is not for long. When it does it's fantastic.
[/quote]

That's the best comparison to our club I think I've ever read. Love it!!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »
I'd be very disappointed if they didn't get any games due to us using other clubs youngsters.

The sort of loan we've been talking about is not a Walker type deal from Spurs, but rather getting a player like Parker to do a job for 12 months until we can (hopefully!) start spending again.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
£37m brought in, and £13m spent.

6-8 First team players gone, 2 new signings.

And most people agree that that will be all.

What a depressing state of affairs.

I think this is a case of whether your glass is half full or half empty. From the fans perspective in the short term it may seem depressing. What fan doesn't enjoy bringing in  stars like Bent? What fans hate to see the likes of Ashley and Downing leave? 

Thing is that Randy has invested massive funds in AVFC and reading between the lines of the spin of the General and the media we are to believe that much of the 37m minus the 13m was to be used to paying down some of the debt/loans and also the ongoing daily costs of running  AVFC.

I am sure that AM is still looking at potential deals and if something makes sense and adds value to the strength of the squad based on need and budget restraints, I wouldn't be surprised to see one more new arrival before the window closes.

At the same time I won't be surprised if we see some of the younger players going out on loan rather than biding their time between the bench and the reserves.

As for depression, I have supported AVFC for too many years to let things get to me.  If I feel it coming on I pop the DVD "Match of the Millennium" on the telly to remind me that over a period of time Villa has moments of greatness that have taken place and there are more yet to come.

Thays why I always carry an umbrella.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
I'd be very disappointed if they didn't get any games due to us using other clubs youngsters.

The sort of loan we've been talking about is not a Walker type deal from Spurs, but rather getting a player like Parker to do a job for 12 months until we can (hopefully!) start spending again.

Well thats even more unlikely then, as we've been led to believe the spending has stopped due to wages being out of control and not because money for transfer fees isnt available.

Offline Maradona10

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
I think unless we move out Beye or Cuellar we will not be signing anyone, theirs 80k a week going to those two.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal