collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada 1874  (Read 174314 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: Brigada 1874
« Reply #630 on: May 03, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
I was part of the Villa FAN (Fans Against Nazis) in the late-70's and early 80's - there were many Villans passionately opposed to extreme right wing politics - although a majority were lefties some weren't. Saw off the NF and BNP-types selling magazines outside the Holte and confronted racist chanting. Maybe people forget, or not born, when vile racist chanting was commonplace

Took it to Chelsea when they turned up in Digbeth for their Young NF rally and ran them off the streets after they had assaulted Aston residents for being "Asian".

Black and White
Unite and Fight
Smash the (insert unpleasant faction as appropriate)

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #631 on: May 03, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »
I was part of the Villa FAN (Fans Against Nazis) in the late-70's and early 80's - there were many Villans passionately opposed to extreme right wing politics - although a majority were lefties some weren't. Saw off the NF and BNP-types selling magazines outside the Holte and confronted racist chanting. Maybe people forget, or not born, when vile racist chanting was commonplace

Took it to Chelsea when they turned up in Digbeth for their Young NF rally and ran them off the streets after they had assaulted Aston residents for being "Asian".

Black and White
Unite and Fight
Smash the (insert unpleasant faction as appropriate)

Fair play to FAN - I hadn't actually heard of that grouping before, though I do recall a mention of the Chelsea incident by Danny Brown in the Villains book.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #632 on: May 03, 2013, 09:21:43 PM »

Fair play to FAN - I hadn't actually heard of that grouping before, though I do recall a mention of the Chelsea incident by Danny Brown in the Villains book.
[/quote]

That day was quite strange as we didn't know Danny and the firm were "in town" or we would have linked up. I don't think they were specifically there to do the NF - it was just luck they bumped into Webster and his bully boys. We knew Tindall was coming nowhere near Brum.

I was with a bunch of like-minded fellas from Stourbridge with a couple of Dingles, an Evertonian and even Geordie Jim - none of us were firm but we had been active. We went to stop racists. The Chelsea had smashed up Aston shops after our match the year before. I had a run-in with the Headhunters that day when they tried their "lone-wolf" tactic on me and my mate.

Over the decades I have tried to challenge  extremism whenever I have encountered it (of all inclinations). These days I prefer to to act in peace and to use rational argument, education and positive personal actions over violence but I did learn from those who stood against fascism from the 30's onwards (sickeningly there was still virulent anti-semitism in the UK after WW2) that there comes the day you have to put your good looks on the line even if it scares the shit out of you.

Di Canio is a self-serving prick who seemed to enjoy the notoriety of fascism until it bit him on the ass - like so many others...

Online basavfc

« Reply #633 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39:32 AM »
It is good to see that the majority of fans feel that overt fascists should be challenged.
Remember 1938, http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2992913,00.html
And we won the game, win win.
GEGEN NAZIS

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #634 on: May 04, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #635 on: May 07, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »
I notice the anti-fascist symbol in claret and blue colours to the left of the main banner. Whilst I am as opposed to fascism as the next man, there is something about overtly political banners at Villa Park that I find uncomfortable.  I really don't like mixing politics and football. And you can't spell grandad.
Can't agree in this case. Fascism should be challenged wherever it raises its ugly head. Di Canio is an avowed fascist and his presence sends a bad signal that such views are tolerated. The far right should not for one minute think that football is fertile ground for them again. I remember the NF at matches. Never again.

I agree with Hillbilly.

Besides, Di Canio has mixed football with politics in the past, so I see no problem in replying to that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal